Workplace Centre Limited latest Jobs in Nigeria for Fleet Officers 2015
The Workplace Centre is a state-of-the-art skills development centre that provides employability and entrepreneurial skills training as well as HR intervention services to its clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Officer
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment assigned to departments and divisions of the company as a group.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective Maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by Manufacturers specifications.
- Maintain a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment gasoline, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Monitor user departments by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Implements and maintains a mechanic training and certification program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
- Enforces the company’s safety practices and procedures and ensures employees receive appropriate safety training.
- Supervises all Fleet Services employees; trains, evaluates and disciplines employees.
- Assists in the development of the Fleet Services budget to include a review of past year expenses and income; adjusts and administers all Fleet Service purchases, including parts, tools, office supplies.
- Welds; replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes reports on vehicles and equipment repaired.
- Keeps maintenance and repair records; performs preventive maintenance on all departmental vehicles; orders repair parts.
- Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to user departments.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment at the Public Services complex. Recommends and implements minor improvement of Property.
- Assist in vehicle repair requirements, repair order, extension requirements, estimating and the ordering of parts.
- Provide all technical support, necessary tools and technical information as well as organizational information to subordinates enabling them to accomplish their task in a fast and efficient manner.
- Supervise and manage the workshop efficiently and profitably.
- Assure that quality service at a reasonable price is provided to our valued customers while maintaining profitable operations.
- Assure that the quality of repair and workmanship is in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure a smooth flow of work through the workshop and to meet deadlines.
- Ensure all clerical functions within the department are carried out in accordance e.g. (warranty claims, customer follow-up, workshop productivity, estimating invoicing, daily operating controls, parts ordering and parts returns etc.)
- Coordination of the entire project -Lafarge with other team members to achieve the business growth and development.
- Determine the efficiency and effectiveness of the vehicles per Drivers individually to enhance decision taken by the management. This should be presented as a report to the management on a weekly basis.
- Cost Analysis (Cost control and cost reduction) of each truck and per Driver and this should also be presented on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2015.
How to Apply
|Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s in Ms word format to:firstname.lastname@example.org using “FLEET OFFICER” as the subject.|