Job Title: UX Design Lead
- You will also design the overall functionality of the product(s) and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- This is a great opportunity to drive the design and functionality of some of the most innovative fintech products in Africa.
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the team’s product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for app-based services.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimised for a wide range of devices, interfaces and users.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Be reliable and able to execute to meet tight deadlines.
- Employ the use of data to drive innovation and champion new ideas.
- 4 years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for app-based services.
- Expertise in UX software a must.
- Wireframe tools: Balsamiq, Axure, UXPin
- Design tools: Photoshop CC, Sketch
- Prototyping tools: InVision, UXPin, Framer.js, Quarter Composer
- Ability to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet needs and vision of the product(s).
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions
- Deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design
- Solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to product, development and engineering teams.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.