Hobark International Limited (HIL) is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HSE Coordinator
Req ID: Req-1013
Duration: 6 months
- The HSE Coordinator Facilitate/Coordinate, advice and guide the day to day operations of HSE department and the operations by providing support, supervision and participate in the implementation of Company’s HSE-MS to ensure adherence to company’s HSE Policies, Procedures and Codes of practice in the company’s facilities/operations to achieve incident free operations.
- Provide HSE leadership and commitment, motivation and advice to management and personnel
- Collate and prepare HSE Weekly KPIs, Highlights, HSE Monthly Performance Statistics & HSE Month End Data to management in line with HSE performance targets.
- Provide support to the HSE Manager in developing and implementing HSE Budgets and various compliance training programs to personnel.
- Drive to ensure that HSE Meetings Presentations, HSE drills and HSE Inductions are conducted as per plan and reported accordingly.
- Track and ensure proper waste segregation, classification, evacuation disposal and reporting in the facilities in line with the waste management procedure.
- Report and investigate potential incidents/near miss in operations, coordinate JIT, participate in JIV to spill sites and follow up on JIV Reports submission to government regulators.
- Ensure critical safety equipment are inspected, maintained and validated on planned basis in the facilities.
- Monitor and ensure that all chemicals used in the field are handled in line with the CMS (by the use of SHOC cards)
- Provide support to the HSE Manager to meet HSE Contract & Procurement tender by listing HSE special needs (materials, equipment & services) for procurement. Effluent /Gaseous Emissions, Gas Testers, Water/Sewage treatment Plants etc.
- Ensure integrity of management documentation system and records as well as maintain proper inventory and issuance of PPE to personnel.
- Coordinate Contractor management system through pre-mobilizations and quality service provisions, statutory audits and inspections, fumigation programs etc.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Develop an integrated ERP to handle drills/emergency scenarios such as oil spill, Medevac, fire outbreak etc. Coordinate Medevac process and represent the company as a Sub-Committee Member on Nembe Creek Trunk line Operators (NCTL) on Medevac issues
- Provide HSE Support for effective Re- entry into all Company facilities. (EIA, Process Safety, ERP, OSRP, Risk management and Special contributions) etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sciences / Social Sciences e.g Engineering / Occupational Health.
- HSE professional qualification is required
- Additional related qualifications will be a definite added advantage.
- Master’s degree in Occupational Health, Safety and Environment will be an added advantage
Job Knowledge and Experience
- At least 10 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedure
- Experience in HSE Yard Management, HSE Documentation/Project Documentation development & Project specific HSE Documentation. (HAZOP, HAZID, Qualitative Risk Assessment, Incident Investigation & Audits).
- Sound knowledge in HSE matters, i.e. legislation, codes of practice, Company specifications, etc.
- Knowledge in the Handling of HS&E investigations
- B.Sc, Engineering, Oil & Gas, Production, QA/QC, Quality Control, Operations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply