The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job ID: (03/17 LOS)
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 12 months
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: CSSF (Conflict Stability and Security Fund), NCA (National Crime Agency)
Start Date: 1 May 2017
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative and intelligence support to the National Crime Agency-led CSSF project team, based in the British High Commission in Lagos. This is a multi-agency team consisting of officers from the NCA, UK Border Force, RALON and local engaged staff.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the Project intelligence database, administrative records, manage budget spreadsheets and other ancillary duties in support of the CSSF project team.
- All applicants will be required to hold UK passport and citizenship and have an accountable work and/or personal record for the past 5 years.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Maintain and update the Project intelligence database;
- Provide administrative support to the Project team, as directed by the Project Office Manager
- Maintenance and accounting of annual budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage data and intelligence relating to Project core business areas (NCA Serious Crime Threat areas including Drug Trafficking and Human Trafficking);
- Produce accurate reports on data and intelligence as required by the Project team;
- Provide administrative support to the Project Office Manager as required. This may include booking flights and accommodation, providing logistical support to training events, maintaining administrative records in support of project budget management and the management of assets.
- Other ad-hoc duties as directed by JBTF staff and/or the JBTF Office Manager.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Ability to quickly and accurately input data to a bespoke database.
- Good attention to detail.
- Desirable qualifications and experience.
- Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and NCA systems
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
- Starting monthly salary: N381 775
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- Appointment for this position requires a high level of integrity and discretion.
- All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks and clearance prior to appointment. Please note that only nationals of the UK are likely to meet this requirement.
- Appointments within the NCA require a high level of integrity and discretion. All candidates should be aware that this appointment is subject to security checks (past 5 years) and clearance prior to appointment.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Deputy High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2017.