Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentives our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Sourcing Manager
Location: Victoria Island
Job Function: Business Efficiency
Full/Part Time:Full time
- Management of Key Vendor relationships for Technology
- To support the business through engagement and review of all sourcing need relating to the above category in-country.
- Responsible for support and management of influencible spend relating to the Technology category
- To support the business in establishing reasonable consumption pattern, demand management, spend management, querying of abnormal patterns to ensure costs are managed properly under related category
- Support the sourcing strategy for Nigeria in alignment with regional and group technology strategy.
- Identification and mitigation of Sourcing and Vendor risks for projects and business as usual in line with Group policy.
- Negotiation with suppliers to ensure that the Commercial terms of all contract agreements bank wide have adequately covered the Bank’s interest and are in line with Group policy.
- To ensure the bank gets value for money for all contracts and sourcing agreements by undertaking price/market survey, value for money audits quarterly and intelligence
- Support the tracking and monitoring of performance standards of all vendors with the business according to required service quality from vendors.
- Promotion and leveraging of good vendor relationships for the Bank’s benefit.
- Promotion of supply best practice techniques, policy and procedure and professionalism.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Understands and executes on the country’s business requirements within consistent global standards
- Define and implement supply chain strategies for technology/property category in the region, whilst ensuring appropriate alignment to global strategies.
- Contributes to the strategy and overall achievement of functional objectives as a member of the SCM Nigerian team.
- Drive and ensure the use of eprocurement in country and monthly review of the BFS reporting relating to Technology sourcing
- Ensure effective use of the GS radar as a tool monitoring initiatives, GS influence, upfront compliance and GOI hotspot, closing out all necessary action as required.
- Overall ownership for all supply chain related activities for the technology/property category in country
- Accountability for achieving sourcing targets for the technology/property in country.
- Support the development and implementation of initiatives to further the objectives of SCM in country.
- Establish and maintains effective relationships with technology/property stakeholders and SCM global category managers
- Adhere to all SCM processes and procedures.
- Utilise the available SCM related tools to ensure compliance and spend control.
- Work collaboratively with SCM operations team (including Hub) to ensure effective and efficient service delivery for the country.
- Oversight of all technology/property initiatives undertaken incountry to ensure that they are executed in accordance with SCB’s various risk management policies and guidelines.
- Support and execute necessary actions and deliverables to meet existing and new regulatory requirements that relate to the bank’s supplier base.
- Support country risk reviews for SCM and implement corrective actions as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of a second class degree from a reputable university
- Professional Memberships: CIPS or similar desirable
- Experience in sourcing, operations and supply chain best practices as an individual contributor.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task with tight lead times
- Strong commercial knowledge with an ability to think strategically
- Ability to operate in a complex multi-organisation, multi-country and multi-cultural environment
- Ability to influence others and skilfully build credibility with stakeholders
- Change management skills and self awareness to adopt varying approaches for different stakeholder dynamics.
- Mental tenacity and analytical mind having the ability to take on tough and complex challenges yet remain calm and professional under pressure.
- Familiarity with relevant regulatory requirements a plus.
- In depth understanding of technology/property categories with particular emphasis on the services sub categories (i.e. property related services etc.), particularly as they pertain to the banking industry.
- Good leadership skills to support sourcing category managers.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the team and the Bank in formulating strategies involving sourcing and suppliers to deliver business value
Diversity and Inclusion:
- Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply