Job Title: Research Analyst / Publisher
The Role entails the following:
- To work with the Editor, COO & Editorial Committee
- Contribute to the development of Quramo Publishing, working with writers, graphic designers, marketers/distributors, advertising team;
- Manage Interns; to generate, commission content of high quality on all QPL platforms: social media, website, books, magazines etc.;
- Coordinating and editing law reports (electronic and paper)
- To ensure timely production of assigned content; editorial supervision: managing team of freelance experts;
- Develop guidelines and ensure quality control in editorial process
- Stand in for Editor when necessary in scope of duties
- To assist the Editor & Editorial Committee
- Conduct Research on various issues and develop product ideas
- Acquisition: Building titles and handling acquisitions of interested works.
- Responsible for establishing submission/review guidelines,
- Production Management: responsible for project managing the production of books which includes content review, layout, cover design and delivery to the printers.
- Promotion and distribution: supports co-partner for ongoing interface with distribution channels for promotion and distribution of magazine and books.
- Assist marketing team and COO to acquire new authors for all imprints.
- Editorial supervision: Intern to ensure effective editing of manuscripts and adherence to style guides. Also managing team of specialists that include multiple levels of graphic artists, photographers, and marketing personnel.
- Other editorial tasks that may come along.
The ideal candidate should posses the following:
- A first degree
- Research skills.
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel
- Ability to work effectively on a team.
- Interest in current events, policy, business and development
- Experience in Development Sector
- Experience coordinating events
- Social media skills
- Excellent writing skill
- Excellent editing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Research Analyst/Publisher”.
Application Deadline 31st January 2017.