PwC recent Jobs in Nigeria for Gender and Social Safeguard Specialist 2015
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a recipient of World Bank Assisted Project Funds desires to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the establishment of a major agricultural processing facility in Kogi State, Nigeria, and now seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Social Safeguard Specialist (GSS)
Reference Number: SCPZ09
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Gender and Social Specialist will manage all aspects of the project relating to gender issues.
- She/He will also provide expertise in global awareness for gender consideration and social inclusiveness.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Coordinates activities concerning social mobilization, and civil society involvement in the project.
- Ensures that Project responsibilities and benefits are assigned and shared with gender sensitivity in line with the World Bank procedures.
- Provides thematic leadership and coordination at Local Government and community levels of the project, including training and sharing of experience.
- Is responsible for overseeing activities under the gender consideration and social improvement of the project.
- Ensures that women and men equally benefit from activities supported by the project.
- Identifies any mainstream gender aspects within the SCPZ’s operations, policy work and initiatives in line with the World Bank Gender Policy and Action Plan.
- Addresses social considerations within the project’s operations and ensures compliance with the World Bank Environmental and Social Safeguards.
- Works with the project Team to develop relevant social and gender performance monitoring indicators.
- Ensures overall participation of women in the Project and takes corrective action in areas where this is not the case.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Minimum First Degree in Gender Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Social Science, Social Development, Sociology, International Development or equivalent social/ gender disciplines.
- Minimum of 12 years post-qualification experience in community or local development, including direct field experience in social mobilization.
- Substantial experience in working with women, vulnerable, and marginalized groups.
- Proven track record in managing and leading mixed-gender teams.
- Good communication and writing skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: email@example.com quoting the job title and reference code for the position in the subject.