PwC newest Jobs in Nigeria for Environmental Specialist (ES) 2015
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a recipient of World Bank Assisted Project Funds desires to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the establishment of a major agricultural processing facility in Kogi State, Nigeria, and now seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Environmental Specialist (ES)
Reference Number: SCPZ07
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Environmental and Social Safeguards Advisor (ESSA) will be responsible for all environmental and social safeguards relating to implementation of the Project.
Specific Duties of the Position
- Manages all aspects of the credit which involves collateral, social and environmental impacts on indigenous people watershed, flora and fauna within the project affected areas.
- Collates baseline data on relevant environmental characteristics of the selected project sites.
- Ensures impact assessments are completed precisely, timely, thoroughly and completely in line with applicable standards and actions recommended for remedying adverse impacts are implemented thoroughly in a timely and efficient manner.
- Analyses potential community/individual sub-projects and their environmental impacts and ensures that sub-projects are implemented in accordance with best practices and guidelines of the World Bank.
- Identifies and liaises with all the stakeholders involved in environmental and social related issues in the Project.
- Is responsible for the overall monitoring of mitigating measures and the impacts of the project during implementation.
- Provides implementation assistance as necessary.
- Minimum First Degree in Ecology, Geography, Natural Resources Management, Environmental Management, Agricultural/Environmental Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, Land Use Planning or any related field.
- Minimum of 12 years relevant experience.
- Some experience with projects involving development agencies would be an advantage.
- Good communication and writing skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2015.
How to Apply
|Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference code for the position in the subject.|