PwC latest Jobs in Nigeria for Chief Procurement Officers (CPO) 2015
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, a recipient of World Bank Assisted Project Funds desires to set up a Project Management Unit (PMU) for the establishment of a major agricultural processing facility in Kogi State, Nigeria, and now seeks highly qualified and experienced candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Chief Procurement Officer (CPO)
Reference Number: SCPZ04
Roles & Responsibilities
Overall Function of the Position:
- The Chief Procurement Specialist (CPS) will be responsible for the coordination of the procurement unit, of goods, works and services financed under the Project.
Specific Duties of the Position:
- Coordinates the procurement plan/process for bids, RFPs and ensures compliance with the World Bank procurement procedures, contract management and procurement capacity building work.
- Collaborates with the World Bank to develop and monitor schemes to strengthen the procurement management of the Project.
- Prepares, reviews and implements the project procurement plan annually and when necessary.
- Organizes and coordinates procurement workshops and training for Project officers.
- Undertakes sub-contract implementation for participating public agencies and NGOs.
- Provides procurement advisory services to all levels of the Project Implementation Unit.
- Assists the Project Director in coordinating with stakeholders and undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the Project Director.
- Minimum First Degree in Engineering, Law, Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant qualification, with relevant training in World Bank Group procurement guidelines and procedures.
- Minimum of 14 years post-qualification experience in procurement under externally assisted projects. Direct experience in World Bank-financed projects, manufacturing and construction industries would be an asset.
- Demonstrated competence in procurement under externally assisted projects.
- Good communication and writing skills, and good working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2015.
How to Apply
|Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and reference code for the position in the subject.|