Pfizer – Good health is vital to all of us, and finding sustainable solutions to the most pressing health care challenges of our world cannot wait. That’s why we at Pfizer are committed to applying science and our global resources to improve health and well-being at every stage of life. We strive to provide access to safe, effective and affordable medicines and related health care services to the people who need them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Title: Medical Representative
Job ID: 1049961
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Package Available: None
- Jobs at this level work with some support from manager/colleagues/field trainers.
- They are competent at planning and organising so as to meet business plan objectives. Some involvement in project work may be required.
- Promote products to designated customers in order to achieve territory plan objectives.
- Product Promotion & Sales
- Effective selling skills.
- Achievement of territory plan objectives.
- Call rate
- Change in Market Share cf National Average.
- % growth in Market Share cf National Average.
- ‘Special event’ meetings.
- Coverage and frequency.
- Market Share cf National Average
- Build relationships with target customers to enhance territory knowledge to gain product endorsement to generate sales.
- Customer rapport.
- Coverage and frequency.
- Up to date customer records.
- Development of key opinion leaders.
- Hospital referral patterns.
- Coordination with distributor reps to ensure timely pick up and supplies of orders from customers.
- Timely response to customer queries on product / medical information and other activities relating to company and own duties.
- Distributor information and support
- Diagnosis of situation of territory e.g. local politics, PCG’s, local initiatives leading to subsequent design and implementation of territory business plan to achieve business objectives.
Business Planning and Management:
- Production of workable business plan with objectives.
- Business plan implemented/updated as necessary.
- Achievement of objectives outlined in plan.
- Demonstration that territory knowledge has been acted on.
- Feedback to Team and Head Office of relevant competitor activity or local issues to ensure appropriate action can be taken.
- Competitor knowledge/activities and products, campaigns – key issues identified and fed back.
- Local situations are known e.g. political, formularies, budgets, PCG’s, new developments.
- Adverse event monitoring and reports.
- Liaise with territory team members to share information, motivate and support team members and therefore contribute to the generation and delivery of the business plan.
- Parallel trade and fakes report in line with the agreed standards and time lines to the regulatory department.
- Team rapport.
- Achievement of shared business plan objectives.
- Feedback – team members, trainer, manager (giving & receiving).
- Effective communication.
- Taking on territory team responsibility e.g. minutes at meetings.
- Assistance of new reps to gain quick knowledge of processes and market dynamics as well as reports during the period of field training.
- Proactively implement/update personal development plan in order to develop self further within current role or prepare for any future roles.
- Sharing of appropriate information.
- Good territory management e.g. sharing/exchanging meetings and appointments.
- Development of skills, knowledge and competency.
- Receiving and act on feedback from team members, trainer, managers.
- Good driving skills and adherence to traffic rules to limit cases of vehicle accidents or incidents and maximize maintenance costs.
- Ensure territory and administrative systems/processes are maintained and updated to ensure an accurate record of territory is available at all times.
- Commit to improvement in It skills through active sharing and learning from other colleagues and supervisors to enhance timely responses to feedbacks and completion of online quizzes and training as required while minimizing inappropriate usage of company laptop and accessories.
- Accurate, timely reports.
- Expenses submitted on time.
- Computer literacy e.g. Power point, Excel, Word, outlook etc.
- Maintain any company equipment in representatives care.
- Weekly monthly itinerary and clinical meeting plans and preapproval forms.
- Up to date territory records.
- State of car.
- Orderly boot stocked with correct items.
- Security – computer/literature not on display in the car.
- Equipment maintained in good working order.
- Condition of returned equipment.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Sciences; preferably Pharmacy or Medicine.
- Promoted product knowledge.
- Knowledge of relevant therapeutic areas.
- Basic Information Technology [I T] Knowledge.
- Basic selling skills.
- Impact and Influence (3) – Takes actions to persuade.
- Honesty and Consistency (3) – Takes actions which are consistent with Values and Beliefs.
- Teamwork and Co-operation (3) – Solicits input from other teams.
- Planning and Prioritising (3) – Makes monthly/quarterly plans.
- Initiative (3) – Thinks and acts ahead.
- Interpersonal sensitivity (2) – Listens to what people say.
- Flexibility (2) – Changes tasks willingly.
- Drive for results (2) – Takes action to achieve goals or targets.
Note: When the page opens, select your preferred location from the drop down menu and click on Search e.g Select “Africa – Nigeria, then click Search”
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 4th April, 2017.