Job Title: Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller
- Are you a proactive self-starter who is motivated by a fast paced environment to identify cost savings and optimization opportunities? Then you may be the person that we are looking for!
- Reporting to the Admin and Procurement Manager, our Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller will be responsible for Operational & Liner Agency Cost while independently executing end-to-end sourcing activities and negotiating agreements for Maersk Nigeria Limited.
- Ownership of Suppliers Contracts
- Coordinate negotiations of all purchases with vendors to ensure the company gets the best quality of goods/service at the most optimal price.
- Ensure that the Company adheres to the use of the procurement tool for pre-authorisation of goods and/or services to be procured.
- Analyse discrepancies in invoices, frame agreements and system reports
- Ensure Procurement process transparency and alignment to Maersk Group Governance policy
- Maintaining a system whereby suppliers’ actual invoices get measured against their initial quotes and measuring delivery against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To maintain an authorization matrix showing different levels of expenditure and capital expenditure authorization with monetary limits to various individuals – this should also be kept in line with the Group limits.
Cost Control and Analysis:
- Overall supervision of operations Cost control within the country
- Accountable for problem solving, analytical work support, and driving insights from analytical work related to operational (Liner) & Agency costs.
- Independently provide relevant cost analysis to the various functions, within any element of sourcing or spend area.
- Monthly tracking and controlling of costs to ensure in line with budget/target.
- Ensure overall figures reliability and accuracy
- Timely and proper preparation of monthly cost reports for the various country locations.
- Provide financial/analytic support within the management and statutorily accounts framework.
- Drive a good control environment and ensure relevant control measures are well within acceptable risk limit.
- Provide support in managing the general accounting system inclusive of treasury/bank functions and other related tasks.
- Responsible for cost leadership and savings action plans
- Drive and follow-up on Country cost savings initiatives in a way that achieves reduction in operating and administrative expenses
- Develop more efficient processes and ensure implementation and maintenance of cost control procedures.
- Ensure that Cost Control optimizes efficiency to the development of cost budgets, action plans and achievement of targets.
- University Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years of Procurement, Cost Control or relevant experience in related field
- Professionalism and ability to think out-of-the-box to ensure costs saving initiatives are implemented without compromising service delivery
- Fast paced, self-starter with a good sense of urgency and able to work under pressure and ability to determine the best deals for the company based on price, quality, speed of delivery & other factors.
- Strong Problem solving and Analytical skills with the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels. Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Good Business communication skills (Oral and Spoken)
- Good team player
- Knowledge of the Liner business will be an advantage
- A challenging and rewarding opportunity within NGA Finance for the right candidate.
- You will team up with highly-driven and engaged professionals to deliver business results and to add significant value to our organization as well as the Finance and Operations teams.