KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Career Vacancy in Nigeria Jan 2018
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Job Vacancy in Nigeria Jan 2018
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Job Recruitment in Nigeria Jan 2018
Posted on :
7 Dec, 2017
NGO Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of excellence for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Senior Program Manager
- KNCV is the lead partner in Challenge TB (CTB), a USAID-funded 5-year global program to decrease TB mortality and morbidity in high burdened countries. We lead an international consortium with eight partner organizations: American Thoracic Society (ATS), FHI 360, Interactive Research & Development (IRD), Japan Anti-Tuberculosis Foundation (JATA), and Management Sciences for Health (MSH), PATH, The International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease (The Union), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The overarching strategic objectives of CTB are to improve access to quality patient centered care for TB, TB/HIV, and MDR-TB services; to prevent transmission and disease progression; and to strengthen TB platforms.
Purpose of the Position
- This is both a technical and a managerial position, based in a Regional officer.
- The Senior Program Manager will supervise Program Officers in Lagos, Ogun, Ondo and Osun states as well as overseeing the activities of the M&E Officer, Account Officer, Technical Advisor PMDT, Assistant Technical Advisor PMDT and Regional Laboratory Advisor in the region, and the Project Coordinator of the Building Models for the Future project and the Active Case-Finding Coordinator. The job holder will report to the KNCV Country Director.
As Regional Senior Program Manager you will:
- Lead regional efforts in operational plan development, project implementation as well as Monitoring and evaluation
- Provide overall supervision for all field office staff in the region
- Review, analyze and report CTB activities of the various states covered in the region
- Manage communications with all other stakeholders, including the development partners, civil society and other relevant groups
- Monitor & supervise the implementation of CTB project activities in the designated states/LGAs
- Support rigorous monitoring and a strong focus on evaluation system to track the progress of all activities and outputs
- Provide technical support and oversight to program officers on implementing key intervention areas of CTB activities in designated states/local government areas (LGAs)
- With the assistance of country office staff, monitor all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet administrative, financial and programmatic goals
- Conduct supervision to designated CTB states/LGAs within the region
- Provide technical assistance to the National TB Program and the Global Fund planning processes, including structured supportive supervision
- Convene coordination platforms to support collaboration between KNCV and the Global Fund support for State and LGA TB control programs
- Organize and report monthly on the implementation of the CTB project in the regional states
- Support CTB project rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other related research activities
- Support adherence to regulations in line with USAID finance policy
- Perform other additional duties as assigned.
Who are we looking for?
- MBBS degree and MPH degree or relevant Master’s degree in a Public Health discipline.
- At least 5 years work experience with HIV & TB program at various levels
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision
- Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage
- Experience working at community level
- Experience working with non-project staff (Government or private health care workers)
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Competent with project implementation at the state and local government levels
- Ability to build, lead and supervise teams
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract, depending on funding and performance
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply
- You can apply for this position by submitting your CV, including a motivation letter and 3 professional references
- Please note that we only consider the applications that are received through the KNCV website.
Application Deadline 18th December, 2017.