Employment Vacancy Supply Chain Manager at Fareast Mercantile Company Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
Career Opportunity Supply Chain Manager at Fareast Mercantile Company Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, fmcg, appliances and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world.
A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health..
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
- Managing the order cycle and complete knowledge about form M.
- Coordinating with the banks to ensure that forms M are submitted on customs portal and accepted within timelines.
- Ensuring that all regulatory compliances are taken care while processing the order cycle and forms M.
- Strong knowledge of Pre and Post shipment documentation and Banking Operations is essential.
- Track shipments and their documents and follow up with the forwarder regarding vessels’ arrival dates at destination.
- Must be Good in Microsoft excel.
- Experience of managing the clearing agents and follow up closely on the customs / clearance formalities and delivery process. Managing In House Clearance Agency would be preferred.
- Update the shipment clearance log on progress and communicate delays daily.
- Closely working with warehouse team for ensuring the deliveries are made appropriately and ensuring zero container demurrages are incurred.
- Hands on experience with complete Import cycle.
- Knowledge and practical experience on shipment policy and custom regulation.
- To be able to constructively take on spot judgements to challenges in EXIM activity and procedures.
- Familiar with Incoterms (International Commercial Terms), government agencies, basic laws and regulations for movement of goods from overseas.
- Ensuring that all financial records are kept appropriately to meet the company’s requirements.
- Education: Graduate in any Discipline with knowledge of Import and Export.
- Overall 8-10 years of post-graduation experience
- An excellent working knowledge of supply chain processes and systems. An extensive understanding of Supply chain management, both operations and development
- Excellent analytical skills, strong communication, influencing and collaborative skills.
- IT: excellent MS-Office skills, in depth understanding and working on Supply chain operations software, Oracle knowledge would be preferred.