Location: LagosMain Responsibilities
- Interact with our business and technology stakeholders to understand our business direction to ensure it informs our technology direction
- Establish architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing software systems
- Demonstrates critical understanding of technical architecture, data architecture, infrastructure, and IT operations
- Analyze risk and report problems in meeting system requirements.
- Provide supporting information to the Engineers to aid in the creation of a system specification.
- Assist Software Designer/Implementers with the creation of detailed software design specifications.
- Lead the review process for software architecture documents.
- Perform software version control and maintain periodic compilation schedule.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture
- Comply with all applicable product development processes. Perform detailed software design as well as implements and/or maintains code according to duties and responsibilities
- Develop architectural solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Update knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Develop tactical tool in order to streamline or bring more efficiency within processes
- Give support to other Software vendors on CBS interface or 3rd parties
- Support operations teams to ensure that our business services are performing optimally.
- Ensure system integrity, availability and confidentiality of all Enterprise solutions
- Deliver enterprise architecture that ensures business continuity of bank operations at any time.
- Business Knowledge Management:
- Be a key player in business process re-engineering within the department
- Maintain and develop knowledge of products, and processes of all IT assets
- Provide information about the products and processes in the bank
- Design innovative solutions to real market problems.
- Work closely with product and marketing managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineers to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones
- Minimum educational qualification: B.Sc. / HND in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline with cognate experience
- Minimum of five years of professional experience in a similar role and operational environment
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database problems including database integrity, performance, blocking and deadlocking, replication, connectivity, security etc.
- DB Administration experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server including Clustering, Database Mirroring, Replication, and AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Experience in web development, mobile development and object-oriented programming
- Knowledge of Software Development Process, Software Requirements, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software/System Documentation, Software Testing
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Audit/approve developers’ change requests to existing tables, stored procedures, indices, constraints, triggers and views, as well as audit/approve new entries
- Knowledge of 3rd party DBA tools and applications (DB Admin)
- Experience supporting developers to troubleshoot and write effective SQL
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills and process-oriented approach to work
- A certified ISAQB would be an asset.
Application Closing Date
23rd January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online