Career Vacancy Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Supervisors at Medecins du Monde Nigeria April 2017
Job Opportunity Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Supervisors at Medecins du Monde Nigeria April 2017
Latest Job Vacancy Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Supervisors at Medecins du Monde Nigeria April 2017
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian non-profit organization that provides emergency and long-term medical care to vulnerable populations while advocating for equal access to healthcare worldwide.
Job Title: Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Supervisor
Starting Date: Asap
Supervisor: Midwife Trainer
NA – Technical supervisor for SRH Programme Staff
Length of contract: 10 months
Possibility for extension: YES
MdM is establishing an office in Nigeria where it supports new projects implemented focused on:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) is one of the four MdM’s priority actions since the end of 2010.
- MdM is committed to improve quality and availability of the SRH care services, promote a Human Right based approach to guaranty care access and right to choose, work with the communities from need assessment to activities implementation and evaluation, work in partnerships and collaboration with local actors.
- Focus is made on two main topics: prevention and treatment of unwanted pregnancies, and GBV management in conflict setting. MdM is developing SRH-related projects in more than 25 countries in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia, the Middle East and Europe.
The general objective of MdM’s project in Nigeria:
- To improve the level of awareness and access to qualitative SRH services for the most exposed populations in the Northern and Central Provinces of Sri Lanka. MdM focuses on FP and GBV, and on strengthening the newly established partnership with two local partners, HDO and FRC and strengthening the relationship between MdM, Health and Education authorities at provincial, district and local levels.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- The present document forms part of the Employment Contract along with the Terms and Conditions of Employment.
- Terms of Reference for this position can be subject to modification depending on the evolution of the situation in country and the needs. Any change should however be subject to discussion and mutual agreement between the concerned employee and the General Coordinator prior implementation.
- The SRH supervisor will be responsible for the supervision, guidance of the project supported by MdM in Maiduguri focusing on Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH).
- The post holder will perform her/his tasks under direct supervision of the Health Program Coordinator (HealthCo) and in close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator based in Maiduguri.
More specifically the selected candidate will:
- Ensure quality of SRH interventions of MdM in Maiduguri
- Support the SRH Programme trainer in all aspects of the programme implementation
- Support reproductive health interventions, including Minimum Initial Service Package (MISP) and establishing integrated RH activities;
- Organize referral for obstetric complications, including implementation of clinical pathway for treatment of sexual assault survivors;
- Ensure all RH activities are in line with national protocols and RH policies and guidelines are well understood by midwives;
- Participate to RH meetings and any other relevant meeting at provincial level, if requested by the MedCo ProgramCo.
- Take part in RH research conducted during projects implementation phase including for training sessions.
- Monitoring progress of activities according to the work plan. Identify challenges and propose solutions.
- Provision of free of charge reproductive health consultation
- Supervising the preparation of all the material and equipment and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities
- To ensure all the midwives for the basic rules of hygiene when performing reproductive health consultations
- Supervising and participate actively in triage activities before to start reproductive health consultations
- Ensure the antenatal and postnatal consultations are done according to the protocols , detect and mention all the risk factors.
- Ensure the communication between female medical doctor and midwives about all pregnant women with a pathology associated to the pregnancy.
- Ensure the tetanus vaccination of each pregnant woman is given
- Ensure in details the treatment to the patient
- Ensure the good managing of RH emergency cases with the assistance of the medical doctor according to MdM protocols and regulation
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Ensure the MdM procedures for management of pharmaceutical in the field are respected.
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Ensure compliance health education sessions to the patients in the different waiting areas
- Ensure the good spreading of the main messages about health education for the following topics: immunization, antenatal care, post-natal care, assisted delivery, family planning, at-risk pregnancies, breastfeeding and weaning
Advocacy & Communication/ Reporting:
- Ensure SRH data collection, reporting and communication from daily health activities & pharmaceutical data regarding SRH
- Compile and computerize midwives data for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports
- Prepare a weekly activities report to submit to midwife trainer
- Participate to MdM internal meetings (medical, security…)
- Follow up medical issues and sharing of information with Health Program Coordinator
- Coordinate with Medical Supervisor to conduct field activities in a harmonised way
- You will be committed to MdM’s values and be motivated by its non-statutory, Not-For-Profit model.
- Health Professional (Midwife, Nurse) or Master Degree in Public Health and/or Social Field. Certified Medical Doctor can apply too
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience on SRH is required
- Fluent in English – excellent command of English is a must – both oral and written
- Familiar with computer and Microsoft office tools
- Good time management and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Solid and proven organizational skills
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment and under time pressure.
- Speakinig English, Hausa Mandatory. Other local languages preferred
Application Closing Date
2nd April, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s + cover letter, and copies of professional certificates, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Ensure to place “SRH Supervisor” in the subject line.