MTN Nigeria – With over 57 million subscribers and more than $16 billion invested so far in the economy, MTN is the largest provider of mobile network access and ICT solutions in Nigeria, connecting whole communities with each other and with the rest of the world. Since our entry into the market in 2001, MTN has become an intrinsic part of Nigerian social and economic life, offering a wide range of products and services which act as a catalyst for fiscal and human development.
Job Title: Regional SHE Coordinator
- Advice And Support MTN Regional Management And Staff On Results From Audits / Risk Assessments Related To The Following Areas: – Work Areas, Operation, Critical Jobs, Critical Tasks – To Ensure Safe Working Environment At All Times.
- Conduct Regular Safety, Health And Environment Surveillance To Identify Hazards And Proactively Prevent Incidents.
- Advise Management On Developments In Environmental Issues To Ensure Consistent Adherence To Local And International Legislations, Regulations And Standards.
- Develop And Review SHE Specific Targets For Regional Operation In Line With MTN SHE Annual Plan And Evaluate Contractor SHE Performance For The Region.
- Co-Ordinate SHE Audits On MTN Facilities And BTS Sites And Partners (E.G. MTNN Approved Hotels) And Contractor Sites To Monitor Compliance With Approved SHE Standards And/Or Relevant Local/International Legislations And Co-Ordinate Pre-Mobilization Audits For Clients Within Area Of Coverage.
- Participate Actively Through Provision Of Advice And Support During Regional Incident Investigation To Establish Root Cause, Cascade Lateral Learnings And Make Recommendations To Minimize Re-Occurrence.
- Monitor MTNN Contractors On SHE Issues And Ensure Compliance With MTNN SHE Policy Requirements.
- Investigate And Report On Notified SHE Related Complaints In Line With The Complaints Management System And Ensure That Customer Complaints Are Escalated And Effectively Resolved.
- Produce Weekly Performance Report On The Regional SHE Activities To Support The Overall SHE Objectives And Quarterly Regional Performance Report.
- Participate In The Development And Review Of SHE Processes And Procedures By Ensuring That Documentations Are Done In Line With The Best Practices/Standards.
- Enhance SHE Awareness By Sending Out Quarterly Safety Health And Environmental Tips To Regional Staff And Contributing Articles To The SHE Bulletin.
- Review The Performance Of Individual Team Members And Complete Appraisals In Accordance With The Employee Performance Appraisal Procedures And Time Schedules.
- Oversee And Coordinate All Activities Of Direct Reports And Ensure All Transactions And Administrative Documentation Is Recorded And Available For Business Use.
- Coach And Train Direct Reports To Ensure Understanding Of The Objectives And Goals Of The Department, Awareness Of Set Targets/Requirements And Increase Product Knowledge As Well As Identify Developmental Opportunities For Team Members.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- National Travel And A Valid Driver’s License
- First Degree Or Its Equivalent
- At Least 4 Years Relevant Experience In SHE Mgt
- BA, BArch, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech Or HND