Employment Vacancy Procurement Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
Career Opportunity Procurement Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is the leading manufacturer of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex machinery tools and varied equipment.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- Formulate and forecast short and long term materials needs of the organization.
- Develop and Implement strategies to cut cost on all procurements in order to optimize value for money.
- Forecast material price trends and advise management on the impact on the production processes.
- Negotiate with manufacturers or suppliers and conduct due diligence on all purchases to eliminate or militate against all potential risks.
- Conduct market research to ensure all purchases meet the specification given in terms of quality, quantity and price (both local and international).
- Manage all importation processes; establishment of Form M through banks, shipment documentations, avoid demurrage and supervision of clearing to ensure the materials get to the factory or clients at the right time.
- Ensure unnecessary stock of materials and compliance by both the suppliers and user department on the procurement and stock policies of the company.
- Implement procurement strategies and advice management on importation and exportation policies of Government agencies.
- Source and keep a detailed database of suppliers to ensure the company has the right and credible suppliers to meet all needs of the organization.
- Ensure all procurement expenses are within approved budget and take every opportunity to explore and secure economies of scale in all purchases.
- Manage vendor relationships (e.g., third party logistics) e.t.c
- Technical Skills and Personal Qualities
- Sound in depth understanding of relevant import and export procedures/ regulations.
- Excellent negotiating and networking skills.
- Ability to respond to RFP and tender as well as make presentation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Good computer skill with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suites, Powerpoint, Microsoft Navision e.t.c
- Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours to meet deadlines.
- The location of this position is in Lagos but may travel to our Factory in Osogbo from time to time.
- Minimum of HND/B.SC in social science or related field.
- MBA and membership of relevant professional bodies such as CIPS e.t.c will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in procurement or supply chain in FCMG or a structured manufacturing industry.
23rd January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their application electronically in Microsoft Word format and state the position applied for as the subject to: email@example.com