10,000 contractors trust Fircroft to take care of their careers.
Job Title: Security Marine Superintendent
- To manage and provide effective leadership across the security and marine (boat/ferry/barge/tugs and other marine craft) teams
- To help secure all Company locations and protect personnel to the requisite international standards
- Oversee the daily operations of the Company’s marine fleet
- Ensure that the marine fleet personnel (boat drives, captains, jetty coordinators etc…) are trained, motivated, involved in and responsible for keeping their boats in good condition and given clear and detailed work instructions
- Ensure that the marine fleet (including ferries, work boats, tug boats, barges & VIP vessels) are well maintained and operated efficiently to internationally accepted marine safety standards
- Develop, implement & monitor a recruitment plan for the employment of staff (including the Nigerian successor)
- Develop, implement & monitor a training programme (including maintenance, operation and safety) for the staff under their supervision
- Develop, implement & monitor a maintenance plan (including stock control) for the marine fleet
- Manage, in consultation with other departments, the daily movement of staff, contractors & cargo
- Manage personnel schedules so that there is adequate cover to maintain services at all times and use of personnel time is always optimised, including the marine side
- Manage personnel so that teamwork and meritocratic attitudes are encouraged and performance and attendance issues are addressed at the correct time, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure that personnel carry out daily drills and other procedures to maintain high standards of work, discipline and focus, drills and procedures to be designed by the Employee and implemented following approval from their Line Manager
- Ensure that personnel have correct equipment; uniforms; training etc.
- Ensure that the Security Operations Manual is up to date for use by all on-site security, marine personnel and other visitors to the facilities who need to be informed
- Act as a focal point for any investigations involving security; to prepare reports and note follow-up action, in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Forward planning of facilities, equipment, information technology solutions, services, supporting infrastructure, personnel and other related items required for development and management of the Security and Marine Division.
- Design and implementation of procedures required at all levels to enable the successful supervision, management and smooth growth and construction of the Security and Marine Division.
Managements and Training Personnel
- Design and update the organogram for the Security and Maritime Division, including detailed job descriptions of all personnel required
- Personally supervise the implementation of training programmes for all personnel
- Manage the process of recruiting and hiring personnel
- Control of own human resources including time management
- Ensure all personnel adhere to highest international standards for HSE etc.
- Application of company policies and procedures and legislation in respect of the treatment and management of own staff
- Motivate and develop own staff
Safety and Security
- Ensure that all work performed is in line with laid down policies, procedures and standards
- Ensure that all HSE legislation is adhered to
- Reporting of all incidents and accidents in line with procedures
- University Degree (2.1 or higher)
- Preference will be given to candidates with military experience
- Grades should be provided
Preference will be given to Candidates who
- Can speak a second language
- Have experience in the Offshore Oil and Gas industry, working with multinational companies/clients
- Have worked in multinational/FTSE100 companies
- The candidate’s experience and academic record are paramount but it would be preferable if the candidate has international experience
- Land and marine based security, hands-on experience and management
- ISPS qualified (International Ship and Port Facility Security)
- Trained in overseeing deployment of armed and unarmed guards
- Trained in overseeing deployment of advanced technology for land and marine security
- Trained in managing boat crews
- Over 10 years’ experience
- Health Safety and Environment Standards