Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Job Title: Manager Process Audit
To support compliance to the defined, policies, processes and procedures rolled out, provide opinion on process/policy alignment with best practices and make recommendations for improvement.
The role holder will lead the effective roll-out and governance of policy and processes for assigned functions, enable, monitor and support closure of audit observations.
- Process and Policy design and re-engineering, designing SOPs and check sheets, monitors and reports process KPIs performance
- Create interface & co-ordination to ensure compliance to policies, process and procedures for the OPCO.
- Constantly engage with assigned functions at Group and OpCo’s to align the processes and closure of all open issues
- Develop regulatory / governance matrix and test compliance, identify gaps and work to close these.
- Drafting of Internal audit quarterly update to the business
- Identifies and drive projects for assigned functions both – Business and Customer Impacting and revenue/cost impacting and Mentoring Project Teams, using lean and six sigma tools
- Computation of quarterly internal assurance score
- Project support for automation of IA reporting functionality
Ensure best in class processes are in place and adhered to
- Ensures that processes and procedures in place are designed and work as per the standards, and can efficiently support functional/business objectives.
- Ensure that functional processes add value to the business.
- Ensure that relevant metrics are in place to measure performance and can efficiently guide management on the decision making process.
- Work with business functions to identify process gaps arising from weak or inadequate business process documentation
Effective Interface with Internal Assurance group team –
- Effective engagement with the IA group team to define the audit and gap areas.
- Engaging within the OPCO to ensure the learning’s of the audit findings from other OpCo’s are implemented as best practice, ensuring the reduction in the learning cycle.
- Effective implementation of the learning tracker action items for the OPCO
- Ensuring all the audit observations of the OpCo’s are effectively closed.
- Ensuring process gaps are identified and shared with Process owner & Function head for implementation.
- Ensuring technology gaps are identified and shared with IT for implementation
- Interface with IA and assigned functions for audits and closures
- Logistics / Administrative Support/ Supervision of Admin staff
- A Bachelor’s degree
- ICAN or ACCA required
- CISA an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Audit firm
- Industry experience an added advantage
- Process Audit experience
- Exposure to technology, process reengineering and handling decentralized operations is desirable
- Effective Project management & Co-ordination
- Commercial and Financial Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem solving
- Service Focus
- Persuasion & negotiation Skills
- Relationship Management
30th January, 2017