Career Vacancy Junior Research Analyst at Asoko Insight in Nigeria September 2016
Career Recruitment : Junior Research Analyst at Asoko Insight in Nigeria September 2016
Job Description : Job Employment Junior Research Analyst at Asoko Insight
Asoko Insight is an information services company focused on delivering the best corporate data and analytics platform in Africa. It provides up-to-date management information, profiles, insights and data on unlisted companies across Africa to investors, global corporates and institutions.
Job Title: Junior Research Analyst
We need a full-time Junior Research Analyst to join our growing Lagos-based team! Candidates should be willing and able to travel across the city to knock on doors and gather corporate data sets, build relationships with sources, administer and update corporate profiles on a regular basis. A solid understanding of any of the following fields is a prerequisite:
- Financial services
- Oil & Gas
- Light or Industrial Manufacturing
- Consumer Goods
- Manage a portfolio of local companies to target for data collection, analysis and monitoring;
- Conduct desk-research on portfolio companies and sectors;
- Communicate with all portfolio companies through daily calls, emails and meetings for data updates; Continuously collect more in-depth operating and financial information;
- Monitor all relevant business and economic news stories relevant to portfolio companies;
- Conduct high level meetings with executive management of targeted local companies and multinationals;
- Analyze and report on all company financial statements;
- Liaise with Content Team for sector-brief writing;
- Report to Sr Research Analysts on all in-country developments;
- Assist team lead in building partnerships with local institutions, key anchor companies and media outlet;
- Assist with commercial business development and public relations based on directions from Management;
- Work with data entry staff to ensure quality assurance for all updates in the system.
Applicants must have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration with a particular focus on Finance, Accounting or related fields;
- Meticulous nature and organizational skills;
- A strong interest in corporate developments;
- Experience using Microsoft Office;
- An outgoing personality with strong communication skills, necessary to solicit data over the phone and in in-person meetings with executives;
- A passion for Kenya’s market-driven economic development and improving corporate governance standards;
- Willingness to travel to Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt or other Nigerian hubs when necessary;
- An ability to work autonomously and remain self-motivated.
We also desire:
- Expertise or deep familiarity with one of the following sectors: Financial Services, Capital Markets, Energy, Infrastructure, Construction, Agribusiness, Private Equity. Extra bonus if you’ve published articles relating to developments in such sectors.
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Expense coverage
- Strong training from experienced management, great career progression opportunities
- Taking part in a dynamic and exciting startup that will transform access to corporate information in Nigeria and Africa.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online