Employment Vacancy Internal Auditor at Fareast Mercantile Company Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
Career Opportunity Internal Auditor at Fareast Mercantile Company Limited in Nigeria Jan 2017
The Chanrai Family put down roots in Nigeria in 1890 with trading at the centre of all commercial activity. Today, Fareast Mercantile Co. Limited our flagship company in West Africa has dedicated its resources to supply chain management through the import and distribution of products covering branded food, fmcg, appliances and tires for the best multi-nationals in the world.
A product portfolio spanning 1500 SKUs is managed with a capable professional team, robust infrastructure and strong delivery systems to ensure availability of products covering 93% of the throughput of the country. Other subsidiaries in the group focus on pharmaceutical distribution with a dedicated resource for institutional business in the area of health.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Will be a key team member and work to ensure successful execution of audit plan in a timely manner.
- Financial Audit: Perform financial audit. Perform review and analysis of data.
- Process Audit: Plan and perform process audits or evaluations to identify process weaknesses, inefficiencies and operational issues facing different Businesses. Recommend corrective actions to improve efficiency and drive compliance. Define and implement measurement and tracking mechanisms to assess and monitor process improvement.
- Internal Control System: Review and test internal controls for its design and effectiveness, provide inputs for improvement
- Risk management: Identify risks and recommend mitigation
- Primary ownership for tracking management action plans and issue resolution
- Introduce internal audit best practices and standards
- Will typically execute at this level
- Manage stakeholder relationships: – build and maintain relationships with appropriate senior members of the business
- Functional Expertise: has strong knowledge and internal audit experience in conducting review and analysis of business operations and in the areas of review of various business processes & risk identification and setting up of Internal Controls and building of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Process Orientation: creates , implements, standardizes and monitors optimum work processes; documents and shares relevant information and work practices in order to drive best practices implementation across the group
- Results Driven: maintains focus on desired outcome and ensures that the same are achieved irrespective of challenges faced; can operate effectively in environments of ambiguity and transition; demonstrates high levels of accountability and ownership
- Analytical Ability: has strong analytical ability and excellent knowledge of Excel, identifies issues, sets priorities, and assesses implications,
- Planning and Execution: ability to come up with draft audit plan based on the insight gained on ground, executes actions within strict and short time lines, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, strong written, verbal and report writing skills, escalates in time
- IT: good knowledge of ERP Systems (Oracle ) MS Office and Tally / other financial software / ERP
- Self-driven and capable of working independently and willingly assume larger responsibilities
- FMCG experience will be an added advantage
- Chartered Accountant preferably with CISA
- Experience from an FMCG company will an added advantage
- Years of experience: 4 to 6 Years