Job Vacancy Humanitarian Project Manager at Plan International in Nigeria July 2016
Job Vacancy : Job Opening Humanitarian Project Manager at Plan International Nigeria
Career Recruitment : Humanitarian Project Manager at Plan International Nigeria
Plan International is an independent child-centred international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan International currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
We are currently recruiting for organizational and upcoming project position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Project Manager
Location: Abuja (with frequent travel to North East Nigeria)
Report to: Deputy Country Director
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of renewal)
- The humanitarian Project Manager is expected to manage and provide technical oversight to Plan International Nigeria new emergency project to support adolescent girls affected by the crisis in Northern Nigeria.
- The project is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office (GFFO) and Plan International Germany. It will be a crucial part of the new Regional Lake Chad (LC) Programme of Plan International in West and Central Africa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and technical support to the implementing project team in all phases of the Project Cycle (from start-up to project closure).
- Lead/organize regular monitoring and if required project action plans revisions and modifications and facilitate that relevant stakeholders (CO as well as Plan Germany) are informed in due time on progress and related delays and/or modifications.
- Responsible for the development of all narrative and financial (in close collaboration with the project accountant and finance department) internal as well as external mid-term and final updates and reports in line with donor’s and Plan International’s requirements as well as rules and regulations.
- Initiate and lead on the development and implementation of the procurement plan (in close cooperation with the admin department of Plan International Nigeria.
- Organize and attend regular meetings with donor (GFFO/German Embassy) and other key stakeholder (i.e. UNHCR, UNICEF, UN OCHA, cluster meetings) representatives to update and exchange information on overall project’s implementation status/progress thus ensuring external exchange and networking.
- Coordinate and interlink the existing project with new projects to ensure coherence by providing information to the respective CO and regional Managers as well as colleagues of the national organizations (NOs) within the Plan Federation.
- Participate in the annual regional DRM technical network meeting and the sub-regional Lake Chad Programme steering committee whenever required & requested.
- Orient/guide the GFFO project team on key international humanitarian standards like Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere Standards, CPMS, INEE, Log-frame approach and application
- Provide orientation and guidance on key processes in developing and implementing emergency response projects and proposals to the colleagues of Plan International Nigeria
- Ensure that new project designs are informed by needs assessments and contextual analysis
- Linking CO team members to DRM related training opportunities
- Facilitating Cash Transfer Programming (CTP) at country level where required.
- Support local PNGO in organizational development, PCM and donor compliance
- Support CO resource mobilization teams and related NOs on securing funds for continuous programme scale up through providing lessons learnt and project related contextual information – connected to the quarterly conference calls under point 2
- Identifying potential extension/follow up intervention sectors
- Support CO staffs in related CN and full proposal development including project design
- Ensure that new intervention ideas are in line with overall programme and donor priorities Providing project presentations to COs, NOs & donors to enhance resource mobilization
- Lead the development of a DRM strategy for Plan International Nigeria in line with existing subregional and regional as well as global DRM strategies of Plan International
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 5 years professional experience of coordinating/implementing humanitarian projects funded through international donors (i.e. SIDA, ECHO. USAID, DFID, GFFO) with at least 3 years of coordination/management role at project level
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating programmes/projects in line with key international humanitarian standards
- Demonstrable experience in direct supervision and line management of project staff
- Previous work experience in emergency context (mandatory)
- Fluency in English in writing and speaking (mandatory)
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send all Applications and CV/Profile to: email@example.com