Job Vacancy for a Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller in Nigeria March 2017
Employment Vacancy for a Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller in Nigeria March 2017
Career Recruitment for a Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller in Nigeria March 2017
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world.
We are looking for suitably qualified candidates, to join our Finance team in the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller
- Are you a proactive self-starter who is motivated by a fast paced environment to identify cost savings and optimization opportunities? Then you may be the person that we are looking for!
- Reporting to the Admin and Procurement Manager, our Sourcing Analyst and Cost Controller will be responsible for Operational & Liner Agency Cost while independently executing end-to-end sourcing activities and negotiating agreements for Maersk Nigeria Limited.
- Ownership of Suppliers Contracts
- Coordinate negotiations of all purchases with vendors to ensure the company gets the best quality of goods/service at the most optimal price.
- Ensure that the Company adheres to the use of the procurement tool for pre-authorisation of goods and/or services to be procured.
- Maintaining a system whereby suppliers’ actual invoices get measured against their initial quotes and measuring delivery against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To maintain an authorization matrix showing different levels of expenditure and capital expenditure authorization with monetary limits to various individuals – this should also be kept in line with the Group limits.
- Analyse discrepancies in invoices, frame agreements and system reports
- Ensure Procurement process transparency and alignment to Maersk Group Governance policy
Cost Control and Analysis:
- Overall supervision of operations Cost control within the country
- Accountable for problem solving, analytical work support, and driving insights from analytical work related to operational (Liner) & Agency costs.
- Independently provide relevant cost analysis to the various functions, within any element of sourcing or spend area.
- Provide financial/analytic support within the management and statutorily accounts framework.
- Drive a good control environment and ensure relevant control measures are well within acceptable risk limit.
- Provide support in managing the general accounting system inclusive of treasury/bank functions and other related tasks.
- Monthly tracking and controlling of costs to ensure in line with budget/target.
- Ensure overall figures reliability and accuracy
- Timely and proper preparation of monthly cost reports for the various country locations.
- Responsible for cost leadership and savings action plans
- Drive and follow-up on Country cost savings initiatives in a way that achieves reduction in operating and administrative expenses
- Ensure that Cost Control optimizes efficiency to the development of cost budgets, action plans and achievement of targets.
- Develop more efficient processes and ensure implementation and maintenance of cost control procedures.
Who we are Looking for:
- University Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 3 years of Procurement, Cost Control or relevant experience in related field
- Professionalism and ability to think out-of-the-box to ensure costs saving initiatives are implemented without compromising service delivery
- Fast paced, self-starter with a good sense of urgency and able to work under pressure and ability to determine the best deals for the company based on price, quality, speed of delivery & other factors.
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at all levels. Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Good Business communication skills (Oral and Spoken)
- Good team player
- Knowledge of the Liner business will be an advantage
- Strong Problem solving and Analytical skills with the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- A challenging and rewarding opportunity within NGA Finance for the right candidate.
- You will team up with highly-driven and engaged professionals to deliver business results and to add significant value to our organization as well as the Finance and Operations teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply