Job Vacancy in an Indigenous Pipeline and Process Engineering Firm for a General Manager- Administration in Nigeria April 2017
Employment Vacancy in an Indigenous Pipeline and Process Engineering Firm for a General Manager- Administration in Nigeria April 2017
Career Recruitment in an Indigenous Pipeline and Process Engineering Firm for a General Manager- Administration in Nigeria April 2017
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors. The Hamilton Lloyd process involves a deep understanding of the client’s organizational culture, strategic
objectives and needs to ensure that a tailor-made solution is proffered.
Our client is an indigenous pipeline and process engineering firm, with specialties in pipeline construction, pipeline descaling, pipeline integrity survey and inspection and cathodic protection services. Due to internal expansion; they are looking to hire a General Manager- Administration.
Job Title: General Manager- Administration
Job Location: Port Harcourt
The General Manager Administration will be responsible to provide administrative support, directions, guidance and enforce compliance to all Managers.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by ; selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds the company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure provision of adequate office utilities, logistics arrangements, facilities maintenance
Other Detailed Responsibilities
- Plan and organise general staff meetings with suitable action, conduct of timely meetings, vendor Management, issuing of necessary Orders, Circulars and Notices. This includes preparation of Agenda for timely conduct of Board Meetings, Audit Committee Meeting, and annual General Meeting of the Shareholders etc. Compilation of Minutes and its circulation for approval and further necessary action.
- Preparation of Annual Action Plan with Physical and Financial targets specifying tasks, timelines, procedures, budget allocation and outcomes.
- Establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, and work schedules.
- Maintenance of Company Records (Certificate of Incorporation, MOA, AOA, Share Certificates, Board Meeting Minutes), chronological records with segregation and grading of top priority correspondences, Classification of Files, Documentation, Archives etc.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Liaison with Governmental Departments and Ministry for the compilation, circulation and dissemination of required information.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices.
- Raises printed materials and forms by obtaining requirements; negotiating price, quality, and delivery; approving invoices.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analysing variances.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Supervise the work of logistics specialists, planners, or schedulers.
- Direct inbound or outbound logistics operations, such as transportation or warehouse activities, safety performance, or logistics quality management.
- Direct or coordinate comprehensive logistical or reverse logistical functions for product life cycles, including acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, or final disposal of resources.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current policies, regulations, and industrial processes.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers, labour representatives, and safety inspection
- Write and revise safety regulations and codes.
- Direct distribution centre operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, or timeliness objectives.
- Analyse the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Develop a data base of all logistics equipment with dates of purchase, chassis number, insurance, warrantees etc
- Compile, analyse, and interpret statistical data related to occupational illnesses and accidents.
- Plan and conduct industrial hygiene research.
- Check floors of plants to ensure that they are strong enough to support heavy machinery.
- Required Education: First University Degree in Business Administration.
- MBA or Second Degree will be an added advantage.
- Required Experience : 13 – 20 years administration experience preferably in oil and gas sector
Specific Skills/ Knowledge Required
- Accounting skills
- Analytical skills
- People management
- Administrative skills
- Internal control
- Credit control management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding socio-political environs
- Relationship building skills
- Drive, motivational and leadership skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com