Job Vacancy Field Site Manager at the International Medical Corps (IMC) in Nigeria October 2017
2017 Job Recruitment : Field Site Manager at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
Job Description : Job Employment Field Site Manager at the International Medical Corps (IMC)
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Field Site Manager
Location: Dikwa, Borno
- The main purpose of the role is to provide program support, development and implementation.
- Ensure relevant International Medical Corps procedures and best practices are followed in relation to logistics, security, and human resource management.
- Ensure all relevant authorities are included in the planning and implementation of projects as appropriate; draw up plans, proposals and budgets for new projects/extensions of projects in conjunction with the relevant team, medical and financial staff; proactively contributed to program development and strategy.
Internal coordination and program management:
- Ensures that program needs at the field site are met with adequate operations support through regular meetings with WASH staff, Nutrition Staff, WFP project staff, Finance-Administration, Human Resources, and Procurement
- Participate in program activity planning, implementation, strategy, needs assessment, meetings, etc
- Ensure staff training and capacity building as necessary to meet the needs of implementing programs
- Report to Emergency Program Coordinator, WFP project managers, logistics Coordinator and Finance Director in a timely mnanner
- Logistics management (with technical support from Logistic Coordinator, field logistics officer ensure that IMC logistics procedures are implemented and respected
- Finance/HR/Admin management: with technical support from finance and admin director, to ensure that IMC finance and HR procedures were implemented and respected
Submit regular cash requests and forecasts based on activity needs:
- Coordinate with budget holders and Finance/Admin unit to ensure adequate for support for program operations
- Ensure that field finance/admin and implement appropriate accounting, cash management, salary payments, HR procedures and file other administrative issues
- With technical support from security Manager and Country Director, ensure that security procedures are implemented
- Take necessary security steps to ensure site and staff safety
- Monitor security on each day including evaluations
- Ensure external liaison with main actors but also develop an information diversified network
- Validate all staff and logistics movements between bases
- Responsible for IMC representation in the field site and general coordination (the technical expatriates liaise directly for technical matters with MOH)
- Ensured reporting and liaison to local authorities , as needed
- Supervise national staff
- Provide oversight support and guidance to staff
- Supervise the operational staff to ensure that work is done properly and efficiently.
- Routinely monitor staff performance according to their job description and set objectives.
- Evaluation and appraisal of staff through the IMC Performance Management.
Coordination and Representation:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders – including community leaders, NGOs, UN agencies, community based organisations and other IMC sectors to enhance cooperation and coordination;
- Ensure that information from coordination meetings is shared internally and with other sectors, as appropriate.
- Represent the IMC in coordination mechanisms and meetings with other agencies, including the Ministry of Health, WHO and other UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, or donors.
- Advocate with and/or advise peer agencies, local government, and other stakeholders to influence responses to promote delivery of inclusive and high quality reproductive health response services.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Management Studies (Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science, Social Works and Administration, International Development, Public Health),
- Working experience in managing WASH, Nutrition projects is desirable
- At least 2 years’ experience in coordinating, implementing and programs in emergency contexts and/or refugee or IDP settings;
- Experience in technically supervising staff in a complex setting;
- Thorough understanding of gender-based violence response protocols and service provision;
- Ability to validate and interpret data;
- Demonstrated ability to support and build staff capacity;
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to live in a high security environment;
- Work experiences in Damboa and or Dikwa is preferred
- High level of communication and public relations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages
Application Closing Date
17th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s addressed to the “Human Resource Manager”, International Medical Corps via: firstname.lastname@example.org