Job Title: Finance Clerk
Locations: Adamawa (1), Borno (2), Yobe (1)
- The Finance Clerk is responsible for full range of cash management duties, including unskilled labor wages payment, vendor payment processing, receipt of collections and the reconciliation of cash transactions.The scope of the position includes but is not limited to liquidation of advances. Travel will be required within the state of program implementation.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Finance Clerk reports to the Finance Officer in the state
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure appropriate accounting control procedures
- Travel to program sites, as needed, to carry out disbursements.
- Monitoring cash balances, prepare advance account and cash reconciliations
- Assist in coordinating program and administrative staff to ensure transactions are properly carried out, documented and coded.
- Maintain a good system records.
- Oversee accounting and finance practices and communicate with colleagues in a way that demonstrates a basic understanding of development assistance work, project culture, values and practices.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of National Diploma or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Banking.
- 1-year experience in clerical accounting, bookkeeping and/or cashiering work.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. is required.
- Strong analytical skills are required.
- Multi-tasking with positive attitude is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective, sustainable relationships with project staff and bank officials, as well as the development community is required.
- Prior experience with international organizational or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria is required.
Application Closing Date
14th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: email@example.com
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.