Job Vacancy Engineer Carrier Relations at MTN in Nigeria April 2017
2017 Job Vacancy : Engineer Carrier Relations at MTN Nigeria
Job Description : Job Employment Engineer Carrier Relations at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer Carrier Relations
- To support Interconnect and Roaming relations for technical and contract negotiations through supporting Internal/ external stakeholder’s expectations.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organizational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviors every time.
- Liaise with Finance, IS, NWG (Operations, Performance, Planning and NID units) and Marketing to determine technical responsibility for/to MTNN regarding Interconnect and Roaming responsibilities/ Requirements.
- Adapt with and/ or adopt different Network Technologies, Vendors and Requirements from various Interconnect and Roaming Networks.
- Engage in regular Interconnect and Roaming traffic Forecast towards positioning company to meet with the growth of the industry and Organizational goals and Objective.
- Value created by optimising business projects/activities
- Conduct research to determine the feasibility and practicability of prospective national and international Interconnect and Roaming partners Networks.
- Co-ordinate and implement the technical requirements involved in implementing national and international interconnectivity between MTNN and other roaming and Interconnect operators.
- Extract or collate and interpret related statistics to dimension exchanged commercial traffic between MTNN and respective network operators.
- Design and update network interface platforms required to facilitate interconnectivity with partner operators or networks.
- Manage interconnect projects E2E to ensure adequate project delivery.
- Simplify, modernize and adapt the overall Carrier architecture in compliance with Network modernization or evolution as it relates to Interconnect and Roaming.
- Design necessary programs for core and access networks based on agreements with interconnect partner.
- Anticipate and document possible problems from call data information and map out strategies for mitigating related risks.
- Updating of MTN Nigeria IR21 document based on communicated Network changes.
- Use of Interconnect and Roaming Planning/ performance tools (locally and remotely hosted tools).
- Manage changing requests for updates to network elements for launch or termination of service.
- Manage updates to the IR21 document based on network changes.
- Develop/oversee Technical plan and integration of new technologies e.g. LTE, VOLTE.
- Coordination of all network configurations for products.
- Technical project coordination of all Network teams for project and product releases.
- A First Degree in the Sciences preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years post degree
- Fluent in English.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium and/or BIG organization.
- Experience in switching, transmission, Interconnect negotiation and/or Roaming Interworking Setup in the telecoms environment.
- Experience and comprehension of Telecommunications management network philosophy and practice.
- Project Management.
- Research and Presentation skill set.
- BEd, BEng, B.Sc, BTech or HND
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online