Career Recruitment Community Engagement Officer at Pact in Nigeria Jan 2017
Career Opportunity Community Engagement Officer at Pact in Nigeria Jan 2017
Pact is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Washington DC, USA. Pact has been in Nigeria since 2005, and currently implements donor funded development projects in 4 States in the area of Health, integrating livelihoods, capacity development, and governance systems.
Job Title: Community Engagement Officer
- The Community Engagement Officer will provide support for quality programming at LGA levels. Communicates, consult and engage with stakeholders to ensure that initiatives meet policy obligations. Works within the LGA offices to support outreach with ward development committees (WDCs).
- Specifically, he/she will ensures performance assessments, mentoring and training in gender awareness and inclusion; leadership, financial management, note taking, scorecards and other key functions of WDCs. In addition, it includes support for the micro-grants WDCs will receive for implementing small scale improvements for SAQIP.
- Under the direct supervision of the Institutional Strengthening Advisor conduct a thorough, multi-stakeholder community assessment of service delivery and local capacities to cope with it in the target communities and LGAs. The assessments shall be conducted using specific tools including individual questionnaires, interviews, meetings, and focus group discussions with state and local government functionaries and men and women in the target communities.
- Facilitate development of community-specific action plans (with state and LGA and CBO involvement) and provide technical guidance throughout their implementation.
- Provide support in organization and implementation of the community-level activities of the CBO partners including monthly community meetings, capacity building activities, briefings, community awareness raising and information campaigns. etc.
- Organize community-based awareness-raising and education events and campaigns. Negotiate with the local TV stations and media for broadcasting of Public-Social Advertisements (PSAs) and publication of program articles, success stories and materials.
- Provide support in establishment of community monitoring groups with participation of CBO Partners, community dwellers, other NGOs.
- Organize on-the-ground activities for piloting of Referral Systems, conduct monitoring, provide feedback and recommendations.
- Regularly monitor field activities.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with state and local government officials, and other program stakeholders.
- Ensure timely information to the Deputy Director Capacity Development about issues and successes of the activities and contribute to periodic report to donors.
- A tertiary qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Social science or other relevant field and 4 years demonstrated substantial experience in community engagement.
- High level community engagement skills including planning, communication, presentation, facilitation, event management, evaluation, report writing and correspondence.
- Good project management skills, including project planning and scoping, assessment, logistics and implementation
- High level interpersonal skills, including effective verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly successful, positive working relationships, including the ability to consult, collaborate, negotiate and compromise to ensure effective outcomes.
- Good problem solving skills, along with the ability to set priorities, manage time effectively and process deadlines of projects and programs
- Good keyboard skills and understanding of computer concepts with the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently and get things done and delivered in a timely manner.
20th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV’s and Cover letter on their suitability to: email@example.com All CV’s/Resume/Applications MUST be in either MS Word or PDF format. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the subject of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.