Job Vacancy at Tamrose Ventures Limited for Auditors in Nigeria Aug 2017
Job Vacancy at Tamrose Ventures Limited for Auditors
Job Description : Job Employment at Tamrose Ventures Limited for Auditors
Tamrose Ventures Limited is an indigenous Offshore Security and Marine Logistics services company headquartered in Rivers State, Nigeria. Our Overarching Vision is to build and sustain a dominant marine company and provide a world class working environment that motivates and encourages her employees to develop and utilize their skills and talents in order to achieve our business objectives while meeting their personal aspirations.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below.
Job Title: Internal Controller/Auditor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Candidate will be responsible for Internal Control (IC) function by identifying risks associated with business objectives and evaluating the controls in place to mitigate those risks in order to improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Preferred candidate must be a FEMALE, married and resident in Port Harcourt.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts or process narratives.
- Identify and document inherent loopholes, risks and controls within the business processes
- Recommend and implement risk aversion measures and cost savings, as well as determining internal audit scope and developing annual audit plans.
- Monitor and review on an ongoing basis, implementation of all operating procedures, company controls and compliance measures to determine any potential hazards or breaches of conduct.
- Assess on a continuous basis the quality and operational effectiveness of internal controls, systems, processes, and procedure.
- Discuss control review and audit findings with management, producing draft internal audit reports for review, agreeing factual accuracy and recommendations/action to be taken with appropriate level of management, prior to report being issued finally to the executive as well as providing guidance for improvement of systems and processes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local Government legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Examine financial records, internal controls, and information storage systems; evaluating management operations and procedures; evaluating company records to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures; and reviewing records related to cost, taxes and expenditures to ensure the company has a solid financial foundation.
- Perform and control the full risk management and control management audit cycle over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
- Provide an overview of all steps in the audit process and explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement.
- Maintain open communication with management and external audit committee.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques, and performance standards.
Requirements, skills and Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting or any Finance related course.
- A Master’s Degree in International finance or Business management will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) or Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Minimum of three (3) year’s experience particularly in an internal audit function
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian marine industry will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable in risk and internal control concepts.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, accounting software, and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules, and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Display awareness of the need for confidentiality in sensitive matters.
- Candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment.
- Candidate must possess Numeracy & Quantitative Skills.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrate job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations
- Strong Analytical capability.
Application Deadline: 17th August, 2017.