Career Vacancy Administration Assistant at MamaYe (Evidence for Action) in Nigeria Jan 2017
Job Opportunity : Administration Assistant at MamaYe (Evidence for Action)
Job Description : Job Employment Administration Assistant at MamaYe (Evidence for Action)
MamaYe is about making life-saving changes for Africa’s mothers and babies. It is a campaign to change fatalism to hope; apathy to action; maternal survival from side-issue to political priority; and best guesses into hard facts. We know change is possible because every day, African men and women like you take action that makes a change, and saves lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria.
- Evidence for Action (E4A) was initially funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to improve maternal and newborn survival through a combined focus on evidence, advocacy and accountability across six sub-Saharan African countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Malawi, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and Tanzania.
- E4A has received funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to build on and expand the reach of this work in Ethiopia, Malawi and Nigeria to save the lives of women and babies until 2017.
- E4A brings together experts from academic institutions, internationally recognised advocacy and accountability coalitions and civil society organisations. It works through local institutions in each of the three selected countries, which host the E4A Country Team.
- These teams are supported by technical support units led by one of the E4A Consortium Partners. In the case of Nigeria, this is Options Consultancy Services Ltd. In each country and at a regional level, E4A is launching a locally driven programme under an umbrella E4A regional advocacy campaign known as ‘MamaYe’.
- The campaign has a clear focus on survival and positive stories rather than a resigned social acceptance of death in pregnancy and childbirth which is common throughout Africa.
- To provide financial, administrative and logistical support to the E4A-MamaYe team in Nigeria.
- The role is based in the E4A host agency office in Abuja with potential travel regionally within Nigeria with overnight stays as required.
- The Administration Assistant will work closely with the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) on financial, administrative and logistical matters for staff in Abuja
- and requests from the project head office in London, UK.
- The post holder will work with the E4A in Nigeria and London Options team and will be line managed by the Finance and Administration Officer. The post holder will routinely report to / communicate with the E4A-MamaYe Programme Manager and Programme Assistant, the E4A-MamaYe Nigeria Country Director and the National Technical Advisor.
- Support in the development, maintenance and implementation of effective systems and processes for the programme (management / financial monitoring and reporting, HR systems, procurement processes, etc).
- Contribute to the management of assets for the Abuja office, as well as E4A-MamaYe Nigeria Host Agency offices, in line with current Options procurement policies.
- Carry out a monthly store/stock control.
- Support the FAO to set up, oversee and manage general maintenance and service
- contracts in the office e.g. cleaners, security, etc.
- Support the FAO in the financial management and reporting of the programme, in line with Options financial and programmatic processes.
- Work with the sub-contracted financial agency, Hanovia, for smooth local financial
- Support the FAO to manage the petty cash requirements for the Abuja office and reconcile regularly as outlined in the Options Finance Manual.
- Contribute to the maintenance of robust administration systems for the office.
- Coordinate the reception, post and telephone services for the office.
- Support the organisation of meetings, take notes of the outcomes and communicate these internally.
- Coordinate meetings for staff, including arranging lunches/snacks, booking rooms, setting up meeting rooms, procuring recharge cards etc.
- Answer and direct official telephone calls and maintain the telephone log.
- Contribute to implementation of best management practices for asset management and
- procurement procedures including maintenance of the fixed asset register.
- Human Resources:
- Work with the Options’ Programme Manager and E4A-MamaYe Nigeria Country Director to coordinate HR aspects e.g. team member leave, sickness records, local induction schedules.
- Support the FAO in sourcing suppliers for required goods and services in line with best practice and donor guidelines.
- Support in all travel arrangements, including the drafting of visa invitation letters for staff and consultants, booking hotels, arranging local transport.
- Support and coordinate drivers’ logistics and documentation
- Any other duties which may be delegated by the Country Director and the FAO which is commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
- Degree in a relevant subject
- Some office experience (Essential)
- Experience of working in a busy environment in a small organisation (Desirable)
- Experience working in an International Development organisation (Desirable)
- Experience organising travel logistics, including flights, visas and accommodation (Essential)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to multitask (Essential)
- Interest / background in / knowledge of current International Public Health issues (Essential)
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office (Essential)
- Highly proficient in other office-based computer software and programmes (Essential)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Essential)
- Reasonable numeracy (Essential)
- Organised and methodical (Essential)
- Calm under pressure (Essential)
- Able to get on with others and be a team-player (Essential)
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com