Transmed is established in Lebanon since 1946, Transmed focused on the distribution of a very extensive range of Household and Personal Care Products from Procter & Gamble and Clorox. In parallel Transmed developed Food products distribution starting with Mars confectionery range, and expanding it throughout the years as well as many other brands.
Transmed has a well-established Food service operation, and offers a large selection of premium products and ingredients coupled with a customer centric service, making it a major player in supplying a wide range of restaurants and hospitality customers across its markets.
Job Title: Accounts Manager
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete accounting by BU in line with Nigerian law and International Accounting Standards in order to reflect an accurate, true and consistent financial situation
- Review statements of accounts monthly to ensure that the outstanding balances are justified and no unjustifiable numbers.
- Maintain the chart of accounts and make sure that codification of expense accounts is being channeled to appropriate accounts.
- Month end closing operation
- Ensure adequate planning, preparation and delivery of auditor’s requirement in order to achieve a clean interim and annual audit reports.
- Control over cash/cheques
- Carry monthly audits on cash on hand with cashiers in different locations to ensure strict compliance with Cash disbursement policies and procedures.
- Exercise controls as per SOPs and through personal initiative over all GL transactions to ensure that only properly authorized and supported transactions are processed
- Monitor payables to ensure that suppliers are paid on time as per agreed payment terms
- Monitor receivables from both the trade and our suppliers ensuring there are no overdue
- Issue accurate debit notes for approved activities on our suppliers-provide accurate and timely POPs
- Ensure full reconciliation of the customers’ accounts. Control overdue from the trade and agree with CBD team on actions to collect promptly
- Prepare the physical stock count 2 times a year for all warehouses to ensure that company’s inventory is accurate with minimum discrepancies.
- Ad hoc cyclical count
- Prepare yearly prepayments at the beginning of the year and extract the expenses on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile the accounts & ensure that there are no improper transactions and all entries are appropriately accounted.
- Follow up on insurance policies, ensure all are renewed before expiry date and inform his/her manager.
- Prepare regularly the VAT declaration, yearly Income Tax, Social Security, PAYE and all other taxes to declare to authorities on time and accurately.
- University Graduate minimum B.B.A.- a CPA/CMA is an advantage
- Minimum 7 years experience in Senior Accounting Role.
- Well knowledgeable with inventory control, banking procedures, warehousing and logistics procedures as well as familiar with ERP
- Strong knowledge of English is required
- Strong competency on MS Excel is required
- Deep knowledge of IFRS and local statutory requirements including tax matters