Job Recruitment Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting Limited in Nigeria Oct 2017
Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Job Recruitment Site Engineer at Bradfield Consulting Limited
Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a fully registered private limited liability company with several subsidiaries in building, warehousing, letting, sales, and development of estates, construction, property investment, maintenance, and cold storage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Engineer
- Due to restructuring and expansion, our client is looking to recruit a Site Engineer who will be responsible for managing parts of the construction project, providing technical advice, supervising staff on site and ensuring that their packages are completed on time and within budget.
- Managing parts of construction projects.
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors.
- Setting out, levelling, surveying the site and organising facilities.
- Checking plans, drawings and quantities for accuracy of calculations.
- Supervising contracted staff.
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales.
- Liaising and communicating with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager; regularly providing progress report.
- Acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for subcontractors, crafts people and operatives.
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork.
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials, making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project.
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to.
- Ensuring that all materials used and work performed are as per specifications.
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or architect.
- Liaising with the local authority (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
- Planning the work and efficiently organising the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines.
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, structural, geotechnical, construction, mechanical, electrical or building Engineering/technology.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction and site engineering.
- Must be COREN certified.
Skills and Competence:
- Commercial awareness – an understanding of how your actions can affect profitability of a project.
- Communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals, e.g. Construction managers, quantity surveyors, subcontractors, architects, designers, other engineers;
- Technical and excellent IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
- Organisation skills and a methodical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Knowledge of relevant building and health and safety legislation.
Application Closing Date
9th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online