Job Recruitment Microsoft Nigeria (Senior Business Development Manager) July 2016
Job Vacancy ; Microsoft Nigeria (Senior Business Development Manager) Nigeria
Job Description : Job Employment
Microsoft Nigeria (Senior Business Development Manager)
Do you want to make a tremendous impact at Microsoft by working with internal and external partners to develop products and business models designed to enable billions more customers to affordably get online? Do you want to be part of a team that is shaping how Microsoft will enable cloud-connected experiences for more than 4 billion people around the world who are yet to get online?
The Microsoft Applications and Services Group Business Development (ASG BD) team at Microsoft is responsible for identifying and executing strategic business development opportunities for Microsoft’s applications and services businesses.
We propose, structure, and execute strategic partnerships, joint ventures, investments, and acquisitions.
The ASG BD Affordable Access Initiatives team is working with internal and external partners to develop innovative new products and business models that will help billions more people – often in emerging markets – affordably get online and access online applications and services.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager based in the Middle East Africa (MEA) region to drive strategic business development activities around Affordable Access.
This role will be responsible for the following key areas:
- Strategy Development: Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (engineering, marketing, finance, legal) on development of business and product strategies, translate business and product strategies into a partner strategies, and identify partnerships that can grow our business including how we can accelerate our product roadmap.
- Transaction Execution: Identify, evaluate, and prioritize specific inorganic opportunities in support of the broader partner strategy including developing the business case for a partnership (strategic rationales and economics), creatively structuring deal terms, and developing a negotiation strategy and leading negotiations. Communicate with all stakeholders at all stages of the deal process to secure buy-in and approvals. Drive deals to closure while maintaining a willingness to walk away from deals which do not meet business objectives or introduce an unacceptable risk.
- Deal Execution: Monitor deal performance and track efficacy relative to expectations post-close. Maintain ongoing relationship with partners to ensure compliance and commitments are fulfilled.
- External Partnerships: Maintain a network of relationships across the industry with partners, potential partners, competitors, investors, thought leaders, etc. Leverage relationships in opportunity identification and transaction execution. Plan and facilitate deep conversations with our partners to understand mutual opportunities, their requirements, pain points and ways to address these with relevant product offerings
- Industry Expertise: Be an expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and start-ups.
Successful candidates will demonstrate these skills and qualifications:
- Business strategy and market development expertise with deep analytical and business modeling skills.
- Passion for product, technology, and creating great customer experiences.
- Deep understanding how to create a new business offering from scratch via different forms of partnerships and strategic investments while keeping focus on market share and revenue growth.
- Deep understanding of the technology and telecommunications competitive landscape in Middle East Africa.
- Experience working with network operators and in emerging markets, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Strong knowledge of (and passion for) the global communication market and related technologies.
- Leading cross-disciplinary virtual teams and driving key business and market development initiatives from creation to implementation in partnership with senior Microsoft executives.
- Ability to lead, influence and drive results in a complex technical and business environment.
- Desire and ability to work in a start-up environment where processes, services and business models have not been fully defined.
- Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal).
- Experience working with governments and international organizations.
- Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills. Outstanding problem-solving, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with financial and business planning experience, including developing budgets, financial models and strategic analysis.
- Key interpersonal traits: motivation, creativity, adaptability, unquestionable ethics and integrity, and a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Expertise in structuring, negotiating, and managing complex commercial deals and acquisitions is nice to have but not a requirement.
- 8+ years of business experience in high-tech industries.
- MBA or Engineering degree preferred, but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.