Job Recruitment Field Coordinator at Solidarites International (SI) in Nigeria July 2016
Career Job Vacancy : Field Coordinator at Solidarites International (SI) Nigeria
Job Description : Job Employment at Solidarites International (SI) Nigeria
Solidarites International (SI) has not been active in Nigeria in the past and therefore has a limited experience in the country. SI sent a first exploratory team in Nigeria (North-Eastern States) for three weeks in April. A continued presence of senior managers has been maintained since mid-May in Borno state and Abuja. Additionally, SI registration in Nigeria is ongoing with the help of a local lawyer.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator – Maiduguri
Locations: Maiduguri, with frequent commuting to Abuja
Starting Date: 1st August, 2016. (subject to funding)
Duration: 7 months
Organization of the Mission
- The mission has one coordination based in Abuja, composed of one Head of Mission, one administrative coordinator and one program coordinator.
- The project will be based in Maiduguri and implemented by an expatriate project manager, with a field coordinator, as well as a one month support from a MEAL coordinator.
- The support team will be composed in Maiduguri of one administrator and one logistic coordinator.
About to Job
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Head of Mission for a region of a country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is the Head of Mission’s direct contact and representative.
Specific Context of the Post
- SI three folded operational strategy is divided has been thought to adapt to changing context and access. It will balance a direct intervention in accessible areas (Maiduguri city) and remote operations through a network of collaborators in non-covered outer LGAs, with potential ad hoc movements from the expatriates on site, would security conditions allow it.
- This strategy takes into consideration access constraints, security restrictions, logistics issues and sensitivity of the different stakeholders.
- In this opening and operationalization phase, the Field coordinator will anchor SI presence in Nigeria along 3 priorities:
- Supervise the overall implementation of SI activities in Borno state : Maiduguri and remote LGAs. At this stage, a direct and day to day facilitation support towards program teams is expected .
- Develop an extensive access and security apparel allowing a tight management of teams movements and frame of operations.
- Develop SI visibility and acceptance within served local communities and within coordination platforms.
- The Field Coordinator will have – in strong cooperation with the Head of Mission – to readjust the operational strategy according to contextual evolutions, and be able to shift the intervention frame quickly.
Education and experience:
- Post graduate level in Humanitarian Project Management and/or Political Science
- Previous experience as Field Coordinator (1 year) a prerequisite
- Experience in mission opening and emergency context highly desirable
Knowledge and technical skills
- Expertise on humanitarian access management is a desirable
- Good knowledge on project management cycle, from the design to the monitoring
- Good and proven writing and spoke English are required
- Transferable skills in program appreciated
- Good knowledge and experience of the Chad Lake basin area appreciated
- Multi-project supervision skills
- Representation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Anticipation, decision taking and initiative capacities
- Great work capacity and stress management
- Capacity to work in complex and volatile environments
SI will offer you:
- A salaried post: according to experience from 2000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD.
- Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Application Closing Date
31st July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online