Job Opportunity General Electric (GE) Operations Management Leadership Program – OMLP in Nigeria March 2017
Career Vacancy General Electric (GE) Operations Management Leadership Program – OMLP in Nigeria March 2017
Career Recruitment General Electric (GE) Operations Management Leadership Program – OMLP in Nigeria March 2017
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by
speaking the language of industry.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Connections, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and
providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth.
Applications are invited from interested candidates in the capacity below:
Job Title: Operations Management Leadership Program – OMLP
Job Number: 2875098
Locations: Onne and Lagos
Relocation Assistance: No
- OMLP is an intensive program designed to accelerate the development of early career talent and produce leaders capable of meeting the challenges facing the operations function at GE.
- OMLP is a two-year program that allows members to build leadership and functional skills through challenging rotational assignments and world-class training.
- Through these job assignments and training, program members are involved in GE’s strategic initiatives, including GE’s drive for LEAN Six Sigma.
- Participating in an intensive 2-year-long program including 3 different assignments in manufacturing operations. Possible assignments include shop operations, lean, process engineering, six sigma quality, materials management, supply chain management, environmental health and safety (EHS)
- Technical classroom training in manufacturing, global supply chain management, lean Six Sigma and sourcing
- Business training and challenging experience in: project management, team leading, negotiation, business acumen
- This vacancy is for opportunities across all GE Businesses hiring in Nigeria
- Working in a full time position combines challenging job assignments, coursework training and interactive seminars to equip you with exceptional technical, financial, business and leadership skills and to prepare you for your further career steps
- BSc or M.S. Degree with outstanding results in Engineering or Business Management (Purchasing, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics majors are preferred)
- Prior internship, cooperative studies or research experience in engineering or manufacturing is an advantage
- Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile (within Europe and also domestically)
- Fluent English language skills are mandatory, additional language knowledge is an advantage
- Unrestricted work authorization for Nigeria is mandatory
- Commitment to a career in Supply Chain/Services
- Versatile interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Analytical approach to problem solving, Project Management skills
- Easily adapt and learn in a changing environment, flexible and responsive
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply