Job Opening University Librarian at the University of Calabar in Nigeria July 2016
Job Vacancy : University Librarian at the University of Calabar Nigeria
Job Description : Latest Job Employment at the University of Calabar
University of Calabar grew out of the Calabar campus of University of Nigeria (UNN), Nigeria which began functioning during the 1973 academic session with 154 students and a small cadre of academic, administration and professional staff. In April 1975, the Federal Military Government of Nigeria announced that as part of the National Development Plan, seven new Universities were to be established at various locations in the country. The University of Calabar was one of the seven Universities set up under this programme.
Located in Calabar Municipal, an ancient city with a long tradition of culture and contact with western civilization, the already developed area of the University occupies a 17-hectare site on the eastern side of the town, between the Great Qua River and the Calabar River.
Applications are invited from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The Librarian is a Principal Officer in charge of Library affairs and responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the administration of the University Library.
- The candidate should be a Chartered Librarian of the Professional Association.
- Candidates should have good honours degree and higher degrees MLS, PhD in Library and Information Science.
- They should possess at least 15 years post qualification cognate experience in a Library of an academic institution and must have served as Head of several major Divisions in such a Library.
- They should also be conversant with modern trends in Library Automation.
- A significant number of publications in national and international reputable journals showing evidence of active research will be an added advantage.
Condition of Service
Conditions of service are the same as those obtainable in the Nigerian University system.
The salary attached to this post is CONTISS 15.
Application Closing Date
15th August, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are required to forward their applications in 15 copies, together with detailed up-to-date CV, stating among other things:
- Present position/duration
- Present Salary
- Nationality and names of three referees, who should be requested to forward confidential reports on such application to the Registrar
All applications and referees report should be addressed to:
University of Calabar,