Job Opening Security Coordinators at Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in Nigeria July 2016
Career Recruitment : Security Coordinators Nigeria
Job Description : Latest Job Employment at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates, CRS reestablished presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
Job Title: Security Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
Reports To: Security Manager
- Working closely with the Security Manager and Emergency Program Director to develop standard operational procedures (SOPs) and Contingency Plans for operations in the northeast and ensure they are current.
- In collaboration with the Security Manager and the Emergency Program Director, establish a system in the northeast that monitors security reports for immediate CP action as appropriate – telephone tree for the northeast for example
- Ensure that security is part of all new staff orientation and all visitors traveling receive security briefings.
- Support the country program in creating and maintaining a culture of safety and security.
- Together with the Security Manager, ensure key security focal points In the northeast receive security refresher trainings, as needed.
- Together with the Security Manager and Emergency Program Director ensure all staff based in the northeast receive personal security training
- Assist the Security Manager in gathering and analysis of security information about the North-East.
- Develop local networks locally with stakeholders and partner organizations in the North-East.
- Ensuring staff adherence to requirements of Nigerian Country Field Security Plan and advise on any appropriate updates to that plan.
- Monitor Threat Indicators in the North-East, develop triggers for action arid advise the Security Manager.
- Monitor compliance to CRS Minimum Office and Residential Security Standards.
- Conduct briefings for new staff and visitors to the North-East with regard to safety and security.
- Ensure all trips and movement are conducted in line with CRS Safety and Security Standards.
- Extablish CRS Borno State effective system for tracking all CRS travel and movement in the State
- Establish/maintain effective security information networks with external actors.
- Attend Humanitarian Security Meetings held in Maiduguri (Eg UNDSS, OCHA, INSO, and CIVIL-MILTARY).
- Ensure Period review of Security Situation in Maiduguri and the North-East.
- Ensure equipment integrity of all Safety, Security and Communications item in CRS locations in the North-east.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a security officer/manager in a Humanitarian/Recovery context,
- Certification in Security Management or Military and Para-Military training of not less than ten years.
- First Degree or any equivalent qualification.
- Previous working experience in complex and volatile contexts,
- Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri language and other Borno language is an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highest Standards of Ethics and Integrity
- Ability to work in insecure environments
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills,
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
Application Closing Date
18th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the CRS Application Form below, fill and send with a detailed resume in a single file Microsoft word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org