Job Opening Procurement Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited in Nigeria July 2016
Career Recruitment : Procurement Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
Job Description : Job Employment Procurement Manager at Nigeria Machine Tools Limited
Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is the leading manufacturer of machine tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support provider in West Africa. Our assembly, production capabilities and plant facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex machinery tools and varied equipment.
NMTL is further engaged in the manufacture and production of industrial spare parts and integrity stud bolt and nuts, flanges for oil an gas, energy and power, and iron including steel industries; manpower training in various engineering and technological fields; provision of after-sales and consultancy services; thus influencing the growth of downstream industries associated with the machine tools. The Company also, manufactures and assembles agricultural tractors and implements under its proprietary BULL trademark.
As part of its expansion, the company is seeking to engage the services of resourceful and competent personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
- Determine short and long term materials needs of the organization.
- Develop and Implement cost control strategies on all procurement in order to optimize value for money.
- Forecast local and international materials price trends and advise management for proactive action on procurement and production processes.
- Negotiate with manufacturers or suppliers and conduct due diligence on all procurement to eliminate or militate against all potential risks.
- Conduct market research to ensure all procurement meet the specification given in terms of quality, quantity and price (both locally and internationally)
- Manage all importation processes initiating Form “M” through banks shipment documentations avoid demurrage and supervision of clearing to ensure materials get to the factory or clients at the right time.
- Ensure all the suppliers and in-house user departments comply with company’s procurement procedures and policies.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of importation and exportation policies/guidelines of Government and advise management appropriately.
- Ensure all procurement expenses are within approved budget and take every opportunity to explore and secure economies of scale in all procurement.
- Source and keep a detailed database of suppliers to ensure the company has the right and credible organizations/individuals to meet all procurement. e.t.c
- Minimum of HND/BSC in Social Science or related field.
- MBA and membership of relevant professional bodies such as CIPS e.t.c will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in procurement or supply chain of FCMG or a structured manufacturing industry.
Technical Skills and Personal Qualities:
- In-depth understanding of relevant import and export procedures/guidelines.
- Excellent negotiation and networking skills.
- Ability to respond to RFP and tender as well as make presentation to clients.
- Flexibility to work long and unpredictable hours to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding deadlines.
- Good computer skill with proficiency in the use of
- Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Microsoft Dynamic NAV e.t.c
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a copy of their application electronically in Microsoft Word format and state the position applied for as the subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted