Job Title: IT Specialist
- Manage technical operations and projects for the deployment and delivery of VAS products and services
- Responsible for the provision of reliable IT infrastructure to guarantee high output levels from all teams.
Role and Responsibilities
Operations and Management:
- Develop a robust IT strategy based on the Company’s goals and business needs.
- Manage deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all VAS and IT systems with scalable options for future expansions.
- Deploy new products and services on the VAS platform based on the service description, flow and business rules.
- Liaise with the operational and marketing teams on scoping, design, customization and commissioning of solutions based on customer requirements.
- Responsible for the integration of VAS platforms with MNOs including SMSC, SMS Gateway, MMSC, USSDC, MSC, SDP, OTA, Billing etc.
- Ensure 99.999% availability of VAS and IT services and platforms.
- Develop test cases and carry out acceptance tests for newly deployed Vas platforms and solutions.
- Have a full understanding of VAS protocols including SMPP, USSDI&II, MM7, HTTP, SS7, M3UA, Sigtran, diameter, Web service, IP and others (SNMP).
- Deploy and integrate the Company’s products/services in the client’s environment.
- Develop tender specifications, technical and commercial evaluation (requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor evaluation, procurement) and implementation.
- Build strong relationships with clients’ technical teams and facilitate client workshops and meetings.
- Design and deploy technical processes and policies to guarantee shorter response/resolution time and high performance standards.
- Perform readiness tests on newly implemented VAS systems and products to validate features, capacity and functions.
- Maintain a trouble ticketing process for complaints resolution.
- Keep abreast of new developments and technology trends in VAS, telecommunication and networking.
- Maintain the change management process for all deployments, enhancements, upgrades and modifications to the products and platforms.
- Develop and maintain all technical documentation including network architecture, interconnectivity, IP infrastructure, redundancy etc.
- Design and implement a data protection plan to include security, backup and restore of all forms of data across all systems.
- Manage the company’s IT infrastructure: email services, internet access, Antivirus etc.
- Develop desktop, mobile and web applications, scripts for automated operational activities, etc.
Management and Reporting:
- Attend customer meetings with other teams to collate requirements and provide clarifications, where required.
- Assist in responses to request for proposals, request for quotation, bids etc.
- Generate periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance reports, activity reports, service adoption, revenue, capacity, network, etc.
- Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in technical within the VAS, Telecommunication or ICT industry
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/managerial level.
- Completed NYSC
- Certificate Management Programs (e.g. ITIL) [optional]
- Post Graduate degree, MA/MBA/MSc [optional]
- Operating system environments: Linux/UNIX and Windows Operating systems administration and management.
- Servers and Data Backup
- Databases: Database Administration
- Proficiency in Service Management
- Business Intelligence
- Project Management
- Research and Writing
- Use of CRM
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Interpersonal skills
- Resource Management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Great team work and collaborative spirit
- Proven ability to make an impact internally and externally
- Analytical minded
- Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
- Exhibit high energy levels and drive
- Ability to easily adapt to changing work environment
- Exhibit Professionalism at all times
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as subject of the mail.