Job Employment Field Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International in Nigeria Jan 2018
Job Opening Field Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Career Vacancy Field Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Manager
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
- The Field Manager position is based in Dutse, Jigawa and reports to the Country Director.
- The Field Manager is responsible for managing the field office and portfolio, ensuring safety and security of the staff and assets including the management of support team.
The tasks and responsibilities includes:
- Monitor the PCM (Project Cycle Management) as well as implementation of project activities in line with different work plans.
- Monitor the effectiveness of procedures and processes and followed to provide coordinated support for program departments from support departments (log/fin/HR).
- Maintain and update security plans (procedural, SOP, MOSS, health, evacuation) and security network at the field level.
- Monitor the compliance of ACTION AGAINST HUNGER financial, logistics and HR guidelines including donor policies and guidelines.
- Facilitate meetings with support department and project managers on a regular basis to ensure coordination of all crossâ€�over issues.
- Develop effective communications between Field Coordinators, and field level support managers to ensure support department performance remains optimal.
- Develop clear guidelines, working styles and tools to ensure a more effective support to program development and implementation.
- Build relationship with stakeholders at the local level of responsibility and liaise/exchange information to ensure common ACTION AGAINST HUNGER strategic positioning in humanitarian issues.
- Establish performance objectives for team members and provide effective feedback.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members.
- Brief staff on security and context changes as needed.
- Analyze and submit bi-weekly situation reports.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a degree in accounting, management, finance, or related field; MBA or similar higher degree a plus with at least three years of experience with donor funded programs.
- Have exceptional organization and planning skills with experience in supervising and managing a large team.
- Have strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.
- Be able to provide effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote diverse teams and maintain positive working environment to align with work plan and organizational objectives.
- Have the ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistics and team needs.
- Be committed to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER Charter values of: Professionalism, Transparency, Neutrality, Access to Victims and Non-Discrimination.
- Have previous management and supervisory experience including management of multiple teams/departments.
Application Closing Date
11th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidate.
- Qualified women and strongly encouraged to apply.