Jan Employment Vacancy 2017 Architects at FEZ Consultants in Nigeria
Jan 2017 Career Opportunity Architects at FEZ Consultants in Nigeria
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project and in some cases help to select a site;
- Consult with other professionals about design;
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project;
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Assess the impact on the local environment;
- Use IT in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software;
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required;
- Prepare tender applications and presentations;
- Negotiate with contractors and other professionals;
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments;
- Draw up tender documents for contracts;
- Project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors;
- Control a project from start to finish;
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget;
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
- Your contracted working hours will generally be 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, but you need to be prepared to work long hours, including evenings and weekends when a project demands it.
- Part-time work or career breaks may be possible, although they are generally uncommon.
What to Expect
- Architects are predominantly office based, but their work does include out-of-office visits to both clients and sites. Appropriate safety equipment, such as protective boots and headgear, must be worn on site.
- There may be considerable travel within a working day, although absence from home overnight is uncommon. A company car is not usually offered, but mileage for site visits may be payable.
- Good design and drawing skills to demonstrate your flair for architecture;
- A strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions;
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail;
- A keen interest in buildings and the built environment – an insight into Building Information Modeling (BIM) will also be a significant advantage;
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals;
- Good organisational and negotiation skills;
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills;
- An understanding about the relationship between people, buildings and the wider environment;
- A first-rate understanding of construction processes;
- Commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Reasonable mathematical skills;
- Project management skills;
- Excellent IT skills, including computer-aided design skills with familiarity with specific soft wares such as Auto AD, ArchiCAD, Revit, Sketch Up, 3D Max
- Visual awareness and eye for detail
- Good design degree(s) (HND, B.Sc, B. Tech, M.Sc, M.Tech) in architecture;
- Registration with the Architects Registration Council of Nigeria (ARCON) and the Nigerian Institute of Architects (NIA) may be an advantage.
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skills
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Proven working experience as an architect
9th January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com