Head of Division, Financial Engineering and Assistance to SME’s, Head of Division, Budget and Management Control at ECOWAS BANK for Investment and Development (EBID) jobs Nigeria June 2013

Vacancies: Head of Division, Financial Engineering and Assistance to SME’s, Head of Division, Budget and Management Control

 

ECOWAS BANK for Investment and Development (EBID) is an international finance institution established by the new Article 21 of the ECOWAS Revised Treaty as amend by Additional Act A/SA.9/01/07 of 19 January 2007. It comprises

Fifteen Member States, namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Cabo Verde, Cote Ivore, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo. It has two windows, one for the promotion of the private sector and other for the development of the public sector.

 

Since October 10, 2011, the Bank has strengthened its capital, by increasing its capital from 600million to 1 billion UA, about 1.5 billion USD, 70% owned by the fifteen regional Member States of ECOWAS, the remaining 30%, about $450 million are opened to subscription for non-regional partners. EBID’s main objective is to contribute towards the economic development, of West Africa through the financing of ECOWAS and NEPAD projects and programs, notable among which are programs relating to transport, energy, telecommunications, industry, poverty alleviation, wealth creation and job promotion for the well-being of the people of the region.

 

ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBID), based in Lome, Togolese Republic, is seeking to recruit qualified persons, who are citizens of the Community, to fill the following vacancies in the professional staff category:

 

Position:     Head of Division, Financial Engineering and Assistance to SME’s (Grade P5-1)

Job Summary

Reporting to the Director of Private Sector Operations, the successful candidate will assist in implementing and following up on the programme of action for the promotion and financing of SHE’S in ECOWAS

 

Main Duties:

  • Prepare and implement measures to promote the development of SME’s  through specialized financial institutions;
  • Identify SME’s that are likely to contribute to the sub-regional integration strategy and implement appropriate plans of action;

 

Qualifications, experience and skills:

  • Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Management or Financial Engineering Accounting from a recognized university or tertiary institution.
  • At least ten (10) years professional experience in the promotion of SME’s Experience acquired in a consultancy firm or at a bank will be an advantage

Position:     Head of Division, Budget and Management Control (Grade P5-I)

Job Summary:

Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will assist in formulating and implementing administrative rules and policies relation to the investment and operating budget of the Bank.

Main Duties

  • Prepare budgets and monitor their implementation in line with the procedures in force;
  • Design and update indicators on the management of all the activities of the Bank and prepare on timely basis accurate report on the monitoring of the budget of the Bank;

 

Qualifications, experience and skills:

  • Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Management, Finance/Accounting from a recognized university or tertiary institution;
  • At least ten (10) years professional experience in management control. Work experience acquired in a similar position in a consultancy firm or investment bank would be an advantage.

 

How to Apply:

Interested candidates should submit their applications by mail or by electronic mail to the following address on or before 8th March 2013;

ECOWAS Bank for Investment and Development (EBIO)

128, Bd. 13 Janvier, BP 2704, Lome-Togo.

E-mail; bidc@bidc-ebid.org

 

NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a test.

EBID reserves the right to withdraw the notified vacancies or offer a position at a lower grade.

 

Application must include;

  • a detailed curriculum vitae
  • a letter of interest
  • copies of degree or certificates
  • copy of identity card or passport.

Candidates must:

  • be nationals of ECOWAS Member States
  • be not more than 45 years old:
  • be computer literate (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
  • be fluent in French and/or English and/or Portuguese; and proficient in one of the other two languages
  • copy of birth certificate.