Objectives of Placement:
- Provide support in the design, creation and implementation of an environmental education campaign
- Create strategies that promote effective waste management
- Evaluate current environmental policy, management systems and processes through a comprehensive audit
- Assist partner organizations to implement environmental action plans to mitigate current and future environmental challenges
The volunteer will:
- Evaluate current environmental policy, management systems and processes through comprehensive audits
- Work directly with partner organizations to ensure that the environmental action plans are implemented consistently.
- Contribute to the creation of strategic agreements with public and private organizations to improve waste management practices.
Essential Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social or environmental sciences
- Professional training in Environmental Management.
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
- 3-5 years of international work experience in a development organisation
- Work experience in environmental management programs
Desirable Academic Qualifications
- Master’s degree in social or environmental science
- Desirable Professional Background/Competencies
- Experience in developing economies
- Important information for candidates
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
E-volunteering: Depending on the nature of the placement volunteers are encouraged to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply