EngenderHealth Career Vacancy for a Community Mobilization Assistant in Nigeria July 2016
EngenderHealth Job Vacancy for a Community Mobilization Assistant Nigeria
Job Description : Career Employment EngenderHealth for a Community Mobilization Assistant
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce.
We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
The Fistula Care Plus (FC+) project is a five-year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
EngenderHealth is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant
Job Code: 993
Programe/Office: Fistula Care Plus
Reports to: Community Mobilization specialist, Fistula Care Plus
- The Community Mobilization assistant provide technical assistance to community mobilization activities.
- S/he works closely with the community mobilization specialist to perform the below mentioned tasks:
- Assist to facilitate immediate and long-range community mobilization activities related to Fistula Care programming at multiple levels, including individual households, local leadership, grassroots organizations, local, state and national government, and other Implementing and Donor Agencies.
- Participate in the coordination of activities with community mobilization officers from FGON, USAID or other donor-supported projects to identify possible joint activities for implementation
- Provide assistance in community training activities, including leading training sessions as needed
- Assist with the FC+ fistula screening and referral intervention including development of relevant SBCC materials
- Provides support to the interactive voice response fistula screening hotline run by VOTO mobile, and support to PHC orientation in study areas.
- Assist in the review and writing of all community mobilization reports, feasibility assessments, recommendations, and research in consultation with the FC+ team and with oversight from other senior project staffs
- Assist with the community mobilization strategy to reflect findings of 2016 Communications Needs Assessment conducted by FC+.
- Provide assistance with the identification of community mobilization activities for inclusion in workplans and budgets, including budget estimates for planned activities
- Provides technical assistance in the identification of community groups in focal states which may include religious groups, women’s groups, men’s groups, local community organizations and NGOs, as well as private sector institutions. Create awareness of obstetric fistula, its prevention, access to treatment and options for reintegration
- Assist in the sensitization workshops and other activities with WDCs, community leaders and groups to increase awareness about fistula prevention and treatment and to foster positive attitudes on SRHR issues
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Bachelor Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution in public health, health planning or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in community engagement
- Experience in providing support for Training and SBCC materials development preferred
- Experience with report writing and strategy writing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with community groups, other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Computer skills with MS Word and MS Excel essential. Familiarity with software such as SPSS, Stata, MS Access, an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to deal with variety of individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work and assist others to do the same
Starting salary will be commensurate with background and experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply