The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported
by millions of volunteers. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Keeper I
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To supervise and manage all warehouse staff (daily workers).
- To plan the daily work program, organizes and co-ordinate daily work of the warehouse staff
- Prevent hazards to warehouse staff due to handling of (cutting) tools, slipping, falling of goods, handling too heavy loads, mechanical injuries during loading and electrical appliances.
- Supervising of quality control (kind of good, quantity, packaging, shelf life, labelling etc.) according to the quality control protocol.
- Ensure that all consignments are packed appropriately and marked with consignee, destination, Requisition Order number and parcel number.
- Maintain and update warehouse records and files (waybills, packing lists, claim reports, orders, inbound shipment record, outbound shipment record, bin cards, stock cards, correspondence, staff file etc.).
- Report stock positions, monthly demand and expiry dates to the medical logistician in writing at the end of the month. Comparing bin cards, stock cards and inventory levels in the logistics software application and following up any discrepancies.
- Being accountable for all discrepancies between actual and recorded stock balances.
- Support the mobile Logistician in the maintenance of the warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, heating, air-conditioning, heating etc.).
- Informing the logistician in charge of all arriving consignments. Checking the destination of all consignments before unloading. Counting the number of parcels and signing the waybill for the truck driver.
- 2-4 years in same field of activity (warehousing/ stock management…).
- Secondary School is a minimum. Technical or commercial high school is an asset.
- Experience in logistic or administration is an asset
- PC literate: Microsoft office
- Driving licence an asset
- Good Verbal and written English knowledge
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure.
Job Title: Economic Security (EcoSec) Field Officer
Location: Mubi, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Contributes to the implementation and running of specific projects / programs, under the supervision of EcoSec Delegate
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors / authorities at various degrees
- Ensures an independent and professional evaluation of relief distributions (Food, EHI and Supplementary Feeding), nutrition, markets and trends (past and present) particularly in Satellite LGAs and Priority zones set by the Sub Delegation
- Facilitates in preparation and delivery of Relief Assistance (mainly food, EHI, cash and Agro in – puts) in close collaboration with NRCS
- Facilitate community consultation, meetings, training, demonstration activities, village mapping, community action plan and capacity building of the community.
- Supervises volunteers and closely monitors beneficiaries
- Contributes to written reporting
- University degree in development studies, economics, agriculture or related field.
- 4 years work experience in a similar field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Team leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment.
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ensures that a good atmosphere is maintained within the EcoSec department and with the other ICRC
- departments through adequate communication
- Reports on problems (security) with accuracy and without delays.
- Shows judgment abilities to deal with special cases and propose solutions
Job Title: Store Keeper II
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- Controls and authorizes entry into the warehouse for all personnel.
- Ensures that only authorized consignments leave the warehouse with appropriate documentation.
- Is responsible for maintenance of the warehouse as well as its infrastructure (pallets, shelving, electricity and water supply, lighting, air-conditioning).
- Performs a complete physical count of incoming consignment and immediately reports to the direct superior any discrepancies between the physical count and the quantity mentioned in cargo accompanying documents.
- Ensures storage conditions that comply with Dangerous Goods Regulations and controlled drugs storage regulations when applicable.
- Keeps transparent filing system for warehouse documents.
- Participate in regular and ad-hoc inventories.
- Reports any damages or need for repairs to the direct superior.
- Organizes safe and clean unloading of arriving consignments and checks that all consignments are accompanied by necessary documents.
- Secondary education or technical vocational training/school or professional diploma. Some college coursework completed or an Associate Degree is an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in Logistics, store keeping, administration or similar position.
- Good Verbal and basic written English knowledge.
- Good level in computer skills.
- Skilled in the following competencies: Adapting, Learning, Team Work, Planning, Organization, Assessment.
- Communication (Ability to express views and ideas).
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate.
- High organizational skills.
- Honesty & integrity.
- Able to cope with stressful situations.
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures.
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated.
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the job title and location as the subject of your application
Application Deadline: 16:30 h. 14th March, 2017.