Current Employment Payroll Supervisors at Sahara Group Limited Nigeria April 2017
Job Recruitment Payroll Supervisors at Sahara Group Limited Nigeria April 2017
Job Description : Job Employment Payroll Supervisors at Sahara Group Limited Nigeria April 2017
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Job Title: Payroll Supervisor
- Ensure that all payroll related inputs required for the monthly payroll process are received before 15th of the month.
- Review all payroll related inputs into the payroll system and check for accuracy
- To reconcile current month payroll with previous month and explain the variances
- Run the payroll software
- Review cost center changes, all deductions and check for accuracy of Payroll
- Print out schedules of statutory deductions i.e. PAYE, NSITF, and Pension etc.
- Print out all payroll schedules i.e. Payroll Analysis, Bank Mandate & Payment Summary on GAPS
- To ensure high confidentiality on employees’ pay, package and position
- Monthly upload of staff salary cost & Transfer to Journal on Oracle payroll
- Provide adhoc reports on staff salary costs to the relevant units within finance
- Compute all end of services entitlements or indebtedness
- Ensure resigned staff are not included in payroll
- Advise Finance Mangers of monthly and Quarterly Reimbursable net position
- Coordinate the administration of Pension, Taxes, NSITF, ITF, and Group Life Insurance.
- Assist in the preparation of HR annual budget
- Review salaries journal vouchers raised manually to determine their accuracy and to ensure they impact the correct general ledger accounts.
- Monitors the amortization and accruals of all reimbursable and salaries related payments.
- Coordinate the processing, remittance and reconciliation of all payroll related statutory liabilities (PAYE, NSITF, NHF, Group Life) to ensure compliance with all payroll related tax laws and regulations.
- Administration of statutory audit (concerning PAYE, NSITF, NHF) process and respond promptly to payroll related queries raised by the tax authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Filing of tax returns in compliance with the deadline of the statutory authorities.
- Prepare PAYE audit support data for external auditor’s use.
- Implement all new Payroll related Law and Amendment within Nigeria and other African countries where
Minimum Qualification/ Experience:
- A University Degree (or its equivalent) in Accounting or related fields
- Minimum of 3- 5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) within the Reward & Remuneration department of a corporate organization, with at least 3 years in a similar role.
- Professional certification such as ICAN, ACCA is an added advantage
- Good knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the employee remuneration such as PAYE guidelines, Pension, etc is necessary.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Apt for figures
- Must be good with reconciliations.
- Must be proficient in the use of Oracle payroll software package
- Must be good with Microsoft office suite (MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PPT etc)
- Must be a quick self-starter
- A good communicator
- Must be flexible and ready to work long hours
- Must be hard working
- Must be a quick thinker
- Must have be assertive
- Must be Resilient
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must possess analytical skills
- Company/Function Head
- Group Legal
- Corporate Affairs
- Agencies/Contractors, External Auditors
- All staff
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: email@example.com