Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your
application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Rotation: either residential or 8×2 or 6×4 rotation
Status: Single status for rotational work/ Family status for residential
- Fircroft are seeking a Chief Information Officer for a Permanent/Contract role within Africa
- This position is open to Expats and Nigerian Nationals
- To provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing IT initiatives whilst directing the planning/implementation of enterprise IT systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development.
- The incumbent is responsible for every aspect of IT systems including budgets, purchases, upgrades, supervision of IT specialists and management of projects.
Strategy & Planning:
- Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team;
- Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems;
- Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments;
- Develop, track, and control the IT annual operating and capital budgets;
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives;
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan;
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business;
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating procedures;
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development;
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Coordinate/facilitate stakeholder consultation defining new technology business/systems requirements;
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations for IT equipment/software purchases;
- Review hardware/software acquisition and maintenance contracts to capitalize on economies of scale;
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and standards implementing within IT operating systems.
- Create cost-benefit analysis and support detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows;
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects related to selection and development etc of major information systems;
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of SLA’s with end users and monitoring performance;
- Keep current with IT industry trends/issues and advise management on their competitive or financial impact;
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities;
- Oversee IT system security by protecting information assets from web threats, viruses, and hacker activity etc;
- Design, establish, and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access
- Ensure IT system operation adheres to applicable laws and regulations;
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems;
Employee Relations Management:
- Supervise recruitment, development, and welfare of IT staff in accordance with corporate policies;
- Evaluate, train and develop employees in understanding policies and procedures;
- Provide management and offer advice/guidance on individual employee relations cases within department ensuring they meet the requirements of company policies;
- Promote staff morale and workplace safety in accordance with SHEQ policies;
- Reporting of all incidents in line with set SHEQ and Security procedures.
HSEQ and Security:
- Ensure all work is performed in line with Company policies, procedures and standards;
- Ensure all HSEQ legislation is adhered to.
- The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to their area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company;
- Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all activities;
- Conduct them self in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employees.
- The right person will be a highly experienced IT professional, looking to develop a value added function at a rapidly growing and progressive company. Ideally with offshore experience or multi-national experience.
Education and Qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification (Masters preferred) in the field of Computer Science or Business Administration.
- Approximately 10 to 15 years managing and/or directing an IT operation; Approximately 2 to 5 years working within Oil and Gas, Shipping or Supply Chain;
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT policies and systems.
Knowledge, skills and ability:
- Up to date knowledge of legislation, regulations, best practice and how they relate to IT;
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations;
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsourced systems;
- Good understanding of IT systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Experienced in system design/development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management;
- Proven experience in IT planning, organization, and development;
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and react at short notice;
- Ability to seek out, manage and influence opportunities for continuous improvement and change;
- Ability to ensure that the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved;
- Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organisation;
- The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contactors and others in the course of their duties;
- Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service;
- Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative;
- Excellent understanding of project management principles;
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems;
- Strong understanding of HR management principles, practices, and procedures;
- Proven leadership ability;
- Excellent command of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- Ability to produce a range of reports and statistical information at short notice;
- Physical fitness and mental agility to successful function for an extended period if required.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply