Career Vacancy Senior Technical Manager Supply Chain Management at MSH in Nigeria November 2017
Job Recruitment Senior Technical Manager Supply Chain Management at MSH
Job Description : Job Employment Senior Technical Manager Supply Chain Management at MSH
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Manager, Supply Chain Management
Job ID: 13-9830
Reports To: Project Director
- The Senior Technical Manager for Supply Chain Management (STM-SCM) is the lead technical manager responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of all project supply chain activities.
- S/he works closely with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, other project staff, international partners, local partners, and stakeholders for the development and implementation of supply chain policies and procedures in support of medicine quantification, procurement, warehousing, inventory management, ordering/issuing and distribution.
- The STM-SCM provides technical leadership and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and activities to support the strengthening of supply management systems in Nigeria.
- The STM-SCM works with other project staff on the development and deployment of appropriate logistic management information systems that support the planning and monitoring of supply chain operations.
- S/he supports supply chain capacity building efforts and ensures that systems and processes are in place to assure the continuous availability of key program commodities.
- Lead the development of PROJECT work plans and budgets as they relate to supply chain activities in collaboration with other PROJECT staff, partners, and stakeholders. Provide input into updating and implementing the annual work plan and budget, as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to the MOH, NMEP and local partners for the quantification of key commodities including the establishment of appropriate forecasting and supply planning mechanism and information systems to assure availability of data necessary for adequate quantification.
- Collaborate with the MOH, NMEP and local partners to assure that effective and efficient warehousing and distribution systems are in place for medicines and other key commodities.
- Participate in identifying and prioritizing capacity development activities for strengthening national and State level pharmaceutical supply chains, and building expertise in monitoring and supervision in collaboration with the MOH, NMEP and other relevant team members and partners. Develop and implement appropriate training and supervision programs.
- Provide TA to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) for inventory management and other aspects of supply chain management that will assure the availability and quality of medicines and other commodities.
- Along with country partners and other PROJECT staff, develop and implement a comprehensive approach for ensuring the quality of the commodities procured and used.
- Monitor and document progress of activities toward achieving results of supply chain activities of the approved PROJECT work plan, by taking baseline and periodic measurements of indicators.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Logistics Management, Pharmacy, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience implementing supply chain system improvement programs of large projects in developing countries.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in health commodity procurement, warehousing, distribution and logistics management information systems.
- Familiarity with public health, malaria programming, data collection, analysis and presentation.
- Experience working with MOH and national level organizations.
- Strong project management and communication skills required.
- Previous experience in developing training materials and the delivery of training sessions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of appropriate methods for data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent representational and communication skills, written and oral proficiency in English.
- Experience working with Global Fund-funded programs highly desirable.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Nigeria as needed.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online