Best Search latest Jobs in Nigeria for Mobile Plant Operators 2015
Best Search Recruitment Limited – Our client, a multinational engineering firm that provides operations and maintenance services to firms within the global cement industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Plant Operator
Locations: Ibese (Ogun State) and Obajana (Kogi State)
- Mobile plant operators drive backhoes, bulldozers, excavators, front-end loaders, graders, scrapers, skid-steer loaders, rollers and forklift trucks to level, excavate, move and load earth,rock and other material.
- Mobile plant operators work with heavy machinery used on construction sites and road works.
- The machinery includes 360degree excavators, bulldozers and front-end loaders for moving earth; static tower cranes, mobile and rough terrain cranes for lifting and moving materials;and compactors such as rollers used for flattening out work areas.
- Operator’s also use forklifts to move or load building materials.
- Prepare machines for operation
- Load and unload equipment from low loaders and move it around work site
- Select, change and operate special attachments such as winches, scrub clearers, rippers, pile drivers and rock-breaking hammers.
- Work from drawings and markers under the direction of supervisors and engineers
- Back-fill trenches.
- Break up paving, rock and similar material by operating hydraulic or pneumatic breakers
- Excavate or scrape earth, rock or rubble to the correct level and alignment
- Load trucks with excavated fill
- Drive machines to and from work sites
- Service equipment by cleaning, lubricating and refueling it and make minor adjustments and repairs when necessary
- Maintain duty of care for other users and work to occupational health and safety requirements.
- The work conditions for mobile plant operators can be hot, muddy, dusty and noisy, but most earth-moving machines have soundproofed and air conditioned cabs for the operator.
- Enjoy practical and manual work
- Able to follow precise instructions
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- Good eyesight (may be corrected)
- Good hand – eye coordination
- Able to work without supervision.
- Apprenticeship/Trade Certificate, Diploma/Advanced Diploma or a relevant Tertiary Degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge in Surface Extraction Operations or Mobile Crane Operations.
- Knowledge of Civil Construction Plant Operations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
|Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV’s to:email@example.com|